FS: 93 RX-7 with built LS6/T-56 swap

Rookie84

My situation forces quick sale, so the price is reduced to $22,500 FIRM. That includes all the extra parts as well. Reduced from $29,000 which didn't include extra parts. Absolute bargain for this well sorted out swap with built engine, built tranny, new paint, AC, PS, and many other goodies. Take advantage of my loss.

Please e-mail me with any questions at whitesti84@gmail.com as it's the best way to reach me if you want the fastest response from me.

This car has working AC and PS. Everything works like they came from the factory this way.

video of the car idling and revving:

This is one of the nicest swaps you'll see. Everything works like it came from factory this way, and it has working AC and power steering. You'll see comparable swaps going for around the same price as mine or higher, but without the built engine and transmission. I've taken multiple 800 mile roundtrips between Ohio and Virginia, and every time, this car ran flawlessly. I'm confident you can buy this car and go cross-country without any headaches. This car is in perfect mechanical condition.

If you want to know more about LSx swaps into RX-7s, visit http://www.v8rx7forum.com It basically gives power and reliability to RX-7s while maintaining 50:50 weight distribution. The weight difference between 13B and LS1/2/6 is only about 20~30lbs. The imediate response and torque of big NA V8 engine is great, especially in such a light and great handling chasis. This car also gets good gas mileage even with the cam setup. I averaged 25mpg during the trip to Virginia three weeks ago with windows down(didn't have AC at the time). With windows up, it should average close to 30 as windows down at 55mph costs about 20% in mpg.

Here is a basic rundown of the car. Complete list of parts and work done to it is listed further down.

-1993 Touring

-168,000 miles on chasis

-around 6500 miles on engine, 2500 miles on tranny

-Built LS6 (C5 Corvette Z06 engine)

-T-56 6-speed transmission built to 600hp specs

-new paintjob including engine bay and all jams

Overall, it is very nicely built, and it's perfect mechanically. You won't see many more sorted out swaps like this. Exterior is 9.5/10 and interior is 7.5/10. It has a new carpet and the seats are in great condition, but the factory plastics are showing their age. I was planning to paint all of them or just replace them with new ones, so I'll leave that one up to the new owner. Factory gauges all work like they should.

This car started off as a 1993 touring model that was originally Montego Blue, but has had a full color change by a professional bodyshop to 2004 Corvette Medium Spiral Grey Metallic. It had spent most of its life in Arizona, and was built by the previous owner in Virginia. The underbody looks excellent without any rust. I bought it in January and changed/added a lot of things on the car to perfect it to my likings.

Interior:

Brand new black carpet and rear hatch carpet

Black interior(rear bins and quarter panels are painted. They were tan originally)

Mazda RX7 R2 model suede black leather seats

Shaved rear wiper arm

Kenwood head unit(forgot the model name... has a nice LCD display and plays MP3 CDs)

Infinity Kappa 50.7cs 5-1/4" Component speakers(BNIB. Not yet installed but I'll put them in for the new owner.)

Optima Redtop relocated battery with a circuit breaker shutoff in the rear storage bins.

PLX Wideband O2 sensor and digital readout(in the glovebox)

Factory gauges all work

Engine:

LS6 Block with 40k original miles

New LS6 Heads with sodium filled exhaust valves

LS6 intake manifold

Diamond forged pistons

Je total seal rings

Balanced and blueprinted engine

GM MLS head gaskets

Comp Cam 228/232 .600/.602 116lsa+1

PRC dual valvesprings/titanium retainers

Texas Speed Chromoly pushrods

Comp lifters

Clevite coated cam/main/rod bearings

ARP 12 point head/main studs

ARP 2000 Rod bolts

Callies Compstar rods

New oil pressure and temp sensors

1 3/4" Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with V-bands

Hinson Supercars Deluxe mounting kit

Aluminum driveshaft

Custom Aluminum Radiator

Slim FAL Cooling Fan

Walbro 255lph high pressure fuel pump

Corvette fpr

Delphi 42# injectors

LS2 timing chain

New GM engine seals/gaskets

LS1 engine wiring

1999 LS1 Ecu

LS1 MAF sensor

Polyurethane filled motor mounts

ATP rubber intake elbows

Dual 3" pipes to single 4" pipe

Two 3" Magnaflow cats

Hooker Aerochamber 3.5" muffler

Magnaflow exhaust tip

K&N Cone Filter

3.5" Custom Air Intake Piping

HPTuners Pro engine management

Improved Racing oil pan baffle (no more oil starvation in high cornering G situations)

Thermotec Heat Sleeve on fuel line

Drivetrain:

T-56 6-Speed transmission(just rebuilt 5000 miles ago)

Carbon kevlar synchros 1-6

1-4 billet keys

1-6 bronze fork pads

3-4 steel shift fork

Spec stage 3+ Clutch

Spec billet flywheel

US Brake clutch master cylinder

Stainless Steel Braided Clutch Line

Heat Wrapped Clutch Line

SGI-5 Speedometer Correction

New LS6 slave cylinder

Steeda Tri-Ax Handle

Razo Shift knob (Also have a 03 Cobra knob which I'll include)

New GM Transmission Mount

Insulated transmission tunnel

Exterior:

New OEM Mazda Weather Stripping

New BFGoodrich G-force T/A tires

Rotary Extreme HID headlight conversion

99 spec tail lights (not 93 modified lights... they are OEM 99+ tails)

Full Color Change including door jambs, trunk, engine bay

Evo-R CF hood dampers

R1 front lip

JKL Racing aluminum door handles (no more broken handles!!)

CF look door handle and triagle(near the side mirrors) covers

Enkei RP03 17X8.5 17X9.5(400 miles ago)

Sumitomo HTRZ III 255/40/17 275/40/17(400 miles ago)

Brakes:

Slotted rotors all around

SS brake lines

HP+ pads in all around

Extras:

HP Tuners Pro software CD

Super Pro urathane bushing kit (worth $560 or so. It's really a nice kit and I recommend you change the bushings on the car as it really makes the suspension feel like new.)

Koni Yellow Shocks($600) brand new

Tein H-tech springs($200) brand new

Upper shock mounts with low miles in great condition(paid $100 for them)

The engine is built to rev to 7500+ rpm and the bottom end is proven to hold up to 800 or so hp. My plan was to run a 150hp shot of nitrous on the car eventually which would put the car around 600 rwhp. The car has over $30,000 invested into the swap, parts, and the paint not including labor.

The car has 168k on the chasis, and only about 6500 miles on the built motor. Most of the suspension parts have around 30k miles on them.

The paint job was done when the car was being built, so it's less than a year old. It does not have any imperfections at all besides few rock chips from highway driving. I think I counted about 4~5 rock chips last time I waxed the car. The paint quality looks great.

Here is a list of imperfections. all cosmetics except one.

-There is a dime sized chip on the black center peice that goes between the tail lights.

-The driver's side map pocket lid is 94+ finish. It also has some cracks.

-The shifter panel pops out easily due to some broken tabs in the center console. Used center consoles in good condition can be picked up around $150.

-There is a hole in a shift boot(I was just going to get a new shifter and e-brake boot from redlinegoods.com).

-Steering wheel is worn in many spots(used ones in good condition are cheap... $100 or less. Or you can upgrade to 99+ wheels or aftermarket).

-There are small scratches in the rear bins that show the tan color below. Unnoticeable unless you really look close. It can simply be touched up with any plastic paint. I've touched up most of it a couple weeks ago.

-There is some surface rust on exhaust piping and Hinson subframe, which most likely happened during last winter in Ohio(damn salt...). It's nothing to be worried about but I am mentioning it for full disclosure about the car. The underbody is extremely clean otherwise. I've taken a good look many times on the lift.

-There is some bucking under 2000RPM. This is expected due to the cam. It can be tuned out but I've never looked into it as it didn't bother me much. Just push the clutch in when it bucks.

The car is dyno tuned by Brian @ Dyno Tune Motorsports. It made 395rwhp through two 3" cats. This car definitely has more in it, and I think the cats I have are just too restrictive. I think I'll try dynoing w/o cats and see what I get. Otherwise, the tune is great. The drivability down low is great and you can cruise at 1500rpm in 6th gear no problem. It is currently my daily driver and I enjoy driving it everyday.

Some of you might know Chris, who has done many LSx swaps. Hinson Supercars took the subframe design from him and mass produced it. He checked over the car for me and his shop did almost all the work on the car. He said the car seems to be nicely built and couldn't see anything wrong with it.

Here are a few pics of the car:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/ls6fd4sale/ls6%20fd/IMG_2545.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/ls6fd4sale/ls6%20fd/IMG_2548.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/ls6fd4sale/ls6%20fd/a9.jpg

Pics with new wheels and tires:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/ls6fd4sale/ls6%20fd/0704081747.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/ls6fd4sale/ls6%20fd/0704081745.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/ls6fd4sale/ls6%20fd/0704081745a.jpg

More pics of the car: ls6fd4sale/ls6 fd - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

NOTE: the car has stock seatbelts now as there is no way that I'd run a harness without a real harness bar.

I think that covers just about everything. Do not hesistate to ask if you can think of anything that I didn't cover. Thanks for looking.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. How have you been, Scott. Haven't seen you for like the longest time... so you're still at school? :)

Berto, I might consider that offer if you're really serious :D 06 Civic for daily + a track car... doesn't sound like a bad combo... haha.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, Anthony.

Ty, I was going to but I need to sell this and get a cheaper car due to my family's financial situation... :(

That sucks. I really hope everything works out in the end. Good luck with selling this mint beast.

Jackson

Thanks. I appreciate it. :) The way things are right now, I might just stay in the US so I guess I'll just buy or build another one in the future. Man, these cars are fun.

I'm thinking about getting the AC done as that might help the sale. I'll probably try looking for a place that can fab up the AC lines next week.