National Trails - Open Sunday

Razorback

I haven't been out there for 3-4 years, but when I went out there in the past you'd wait 1-2 hours to get one pass in which was always a major turn off -- has it improved at all in the last few years? Or are there any better days to go than others?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well this sunday and next sunday will suck due to the fact that its the first day open an its a sunday...but i remember previous years ive still been able to make 5 passes in a day which isant bad on Wednesday nights i could get upwards of 12 passes wooo

well this sunday and next sunday will suck due to the fact that its the first day open an its a sunday...but i remember previous years ive still been able to make 5 passes in a day which isant bad on Wednesday nights i could get upwards of 12 passes wooo

so when are you gonna go run your car and make those claims in your sig true?

because like mentioned in the other thread...you ARE NOT the fastest srt in columbus. and i am almost positive your not the fastest with stock turbo either. my old srt is here in columbus right now and before i ever touched the stock turbo it ran a 12.6 @110. then it ran the same time on the bottle but with a higher trap speed :lol: (couldnt get into 3rd) 12.6@ 118 on a 75shot. the bottle was low on pressure and almost empty for that run and i never got to run it again after that.

anyways im not trying to be a total dick...but your claims are false at the moment

so when are you gonna go run your car and make those claims in your sig true?

because like mentioned in the other thread...you ARE NOT the fastest srt in columbus. and i am almost positive your not the fastest with stock turbo either. my old srt is here in columbus right now and before i ever touched the stock turbo it ran a 12.6 @110. then it ran the same time on the bottle but with a higher trap speed :lol: (couldnt get into 3rd) 12.6@ 118 on a 75shot. the bottle was low on pressure and almost empty for that run and i never got to run it again after that.

anyways im not trying to be a total dick...but your claims are false at the moment

what other thread?

when i first posted this i posted that i was the fastest out of any one that ever came out to any event(i was at every event last year) and never did i get beaten, and im running 15 pounds of boost im upping it up to 22 hold 18 and tuning it with my safc on better tires so 12.6 is easy...and if u dont think in the fastest stock turbo then send them my way and lets prove it, and i said POSSIBLY fastest srt4 ,...like i said never been proven wrong ill be ready this year

opening day at trails sucks! You wait all day and maybe get 1 run in. I know people that have waited all day and not gotten a single run in. The later in the year you go the better it is from a "run" standpoint, you get more runs, but the track is more tore up. Trails is horrible with track prep and actually caring about "small time" racers. Unless your sponsored like Larry Morgan or Jegs or its a big event be prepared to be pissed off. Last year they closed the track down for 30mins so Larry could do some burnouts and "wow" the crowd. All it did was piss people off. Guess thats why all the big shows are going to Norwalk, trails will be gone within 10 years mark that down!

what other thread?

when i first posted this i posted that i was the fastest out of any one that ever came out to any event(i was at every event last year) and never did i get beaten, and im running 15 pounds of boost im upping it up to 22 hold 18 and tuning it with my safc on better tires so 12.6 is easy...and if u dont think in the fastest stock turbo then send them my way and lets prove it, and i said POSSIBLY fastest srt4 ,...like i said never been proven wrong ill be ready this year

my bone stock GTO beat your srt atleast 10 times when you were suposedly running LOW 13's???? :D never once did you pull on me...lol

anyways im just saying your claims are stupid and anybody can make similar claims. how about i put fastest 04' GTO that goes out to all the meets in columbus in my sig? it would be true since ive never been beat right? but then again i have the common sense to realize there are faster ones out there. i just havent came across any yet......

i still an avid member over on srtforums. so ill head over there and make a pst trying to find you some races this year. im sure someone will prove you wrong :cool:

(btw...all in fun)

last year I went out on 2 friday night street fight (finished w/o the Blitz???) anyway I got like 12 passes in both times But they had the 4 pre staging lanes open and i just wen to the shortest. But like 2 or 3 years ago it was like an hour wait for a pass. who knows?

my bone stock GTO beat your srt atleast 10 times when you were suposedly running LOW 13's???? :D never once did you pull on me...lol

anyways im just saying your claims are stupid and anybody can make similar claims. how about i put fastest 04' GTO that goes out to all the meets in columbus in my sig? it would be true since ive never been beat right? but then again i have the common sense to realize there are faster ones out there. i just havent came across any yet......

i still an avid member over on srtforums. so ill head over there and make a pst trying to find you some races this year. im sure someone will prove you wrong :cool:

(btw...all in fun)

yea an when i raced u last year i was stock plus a downpipe

send them my way and ur old car might be faster but u had told me it was some guy not in Columbus, but now your saying he is in Columbus which is it?

yea an when i raced u last year i was stock plus a downpipe

send them my way and ur old car might be faster but u had told me it was some guy not in Columbus, but now your saying he is in Columbus which is it?

you had a bit more than just a downpipe....because you were asking me which way to turn your wastegate that night.

anyways yes i said he is NOW in columbus and supposedly lives right by the budweiser plant. he did live up near mansfield though.

and my old car has proven to be faster. i did demod the shit out of it before selling. but there are still a good deal of mods on it and is also back on the stock turbo. so it should be a good match for you. well if the kid didnt fuck it up or wreck the car? lol

Paul what is your current set up... No lies if its "TOP SECRET" pm me. lol

my current setup is stock ;) as ull see this weekend at trails

ive got a MASSIvE OIL LEAK that is from the crank beerings...im hoping to blow it up so i can build it or after i start my new job monday i can fix those beerings

then the fun begins

opening day at trails sucks! You wait all day and maybe get 1 run in. I know people that have waited all day and not gotten a single run in. The later in the year you go the better it is from a "run" standpoint, you get more runs, but the track is more tore up. Trails is horrible with track prep and actually caring about "small time" racers. Unless your sponsored like Larry Morgan or Jegs or its a big event be prepared to be pissed off. Last year they closed the track down for 30mins so Larry could do some burnouts and "wow" the crowd. All it did was piss people off. Guess thats why all the big shows are going to Norwalk, trails will be gone within 10 years mark that down!

Hah , I was there that day racing.

Wow, yeah I went ahead and e-mailed the director of NTR today and he wrote me back pretty quick. I basically said I hadn't been there for about 3 years but would love to bring my Vette out for a few passes every now and then but the 45-60 minute waits for teching and 60-120 minute waits to get one run in really turned me off to the place and I asked if it had improved at all, and he tried to be positive in his response but still pretty much told me they have timed their average run thrus of all cars and it does take 90-120 minutes on average so it sounds like no improvements. :( I appreciate his honesty, but that's still not gonna get my $$. I think I need to look into getting a trailer for the car and trailering out to MCIR or somewhere else. Any wait over 45 minutes for a run is unacceptable in my very humble opinion. :(

P.S. Thanks for the responses fellas, it is much appreciated.

So I've alreaddy gotten 4 passes in an hour wooo

Buit there being nazi about helmet "ratings" they wouldn't accept my helmet that I used all last year blahh so finaly got a proper helmet an oh yea my motors TOAST!!!!!!

Buit there being nazi about helmet "ratings" they wouldn't accept my helmet that I used all last year blahh so finaly got a proper helmet an oh yea my motors TOAST!!!!!!

What did it run?

That right there is why I don't go to trails. Too many cars leaking shit and making clean up shit at the track thus making us wait forever to run.

as do i an thats why as i was sittin in the staging lanes i had a town under my car to get the FEW DRIPS that dripped...nothing on the track nothing on the lanes that i didnt get...

by the wa waited 2.5 hours for the street lanes to move...got to the very frfont car and then stopped my line and mine next to me and started on to the others...said fuck it an left ahh