Poor Kids

Casper

I cross posted that on my other forum last night with the comment- "I can't figure out if the parents are just white trash, hate their children, or this is some elaborate scheme to teach tolerance to all they come in contact with."

How are you supposed to be tolerant of those who are blatantly intolerant? Ah, ponder that for awhile.

Sometimes you just have to step back and realize some people are too ignorant to understand any differently than they do.

So it's supposed to be okay??? I can't agree with that.

Random fact of history for the day: Adolf Hitler was actually a brilliant man, amazing speaker, and phenomenal leader; very passionate about his country. However, he had Parkinson's disease. Parkinson's wasn't known about back then. At one point they were treating him for neuro-syphilis. They had no idea what was wrong with him. So, his doctors were just feeding him meds. This is what made him go mad. True story.

His doctors didn't happen to be Jewish did they? That would explain a lot.

Okay, that's funny. Seriously though, it was before he went all, "let's kill all the Jews". Historians believe the medications are what actually drove him insane, and to wanting to eliminate the Jews.

When people go insane though, their first thoughts of insanity aren't of genocide...usually.

I guess I haven't studied up on my Hitler history in awhile, but would someone give me a brief 'root cause analysis' on why Hitler targeted the Jews again? Aside from Casper's 'he was hopped up on drugs' explanation.

So it's supposed to be okay??? I can't agree with that.

Random fact of history for the day: Adolf Hitler was actually a brilliant man, amazing speaker, and phenomenal leader; very passionate about his country. However, he had Parkinson's disease. Parkinson's wasn't known about back then. At one point they were treating him for neuro-syphilis. They had no idea what was wrong with him. So, his doctors were just feeding him meds. This is what made him go mad. True story.

I never said it was OK. Until they have committed a crime however your only choice is tolerance.

When people go insane though, their first thoughts of insanity aren't of genocide...usually.

I guess I haven't studied up on my Hitler history in awhile, but would someone give me a brief 'root cause analysis' on why Hitler targeted the Jews again? Aside from Casper's 'he was hopped up on drugs' explanation.

He didn't hate the Jews personally, not until after WWI. Jews were hated in Germany and throughout most of Europe. Most believed Jews were the reason the countries were suffering such hardships. He started speaking about hatred for Jews because it's what the country wanted to hear. Kinda like Republicans speaking about green energy.

Actually, here's a good read:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_did_Hitler_and_the_Nazis_hate_the_Jews

Okay, that's funny. Seriously though, it was before he went all, "let's kill all the Jews". Historians believe the medications are what actually drove him insane, and to wanting to eliminate the Jews.

close, i just had a final paper on this topic. weird how its all coming full circle...

edit: i just had a long thing written, it was boring and a complete threadjack.

basically look up freud theory of orality hitler and you'll find the answer.

it was the mustard gas he got his with in WWI and triggered the memory to the iodoform used to "cure" his mom.

jewish disease - breast cancer

jewish poison - iodoform

jewish profit - doc handing adolf the bill

i actually said in my thesis that it was his mother's fault for the fall of germany...

Edited by natedogg624

close, i just had a final paper on this topic. weird how its all coming full circle...

edit: i just had a long thing written, it was boring and a complete threadjack.

basically look up freud theory of orality hitler and you'll find the answer.

it was the mustard gas he got his with in WWI and triggered the memory to the iodoform used to "cure" his mom.

jewish disease - breast cancer

jewish poison - iodoform

jewish profit - doc handing adolf the bill

i actually said in my thesis that it was his mother's fault for the fall of germany...

Interesting theory.

This family has the right to name their child anything they wish. The local grocery store has the right to deny service to anybody they wish. If they aren't being singled out by the government and/or state it isn't discrimination. It is exclusion. There is a difference.

My opinion... Don't name your child fucked up names and expect everyone to sing along during his birthday party. You have the right and so does the grocery store. Stop being a pain in the ass and make your own goddamn cake for the lad. Instill some decent' date=' self sufficing family values instead of calling the news when you can't get a fucking cake made.[/quote']

Welcome to "poor me" America.

Coming from a Jewish family, I can assure you that this happens a lot more than anyone would care to think about. Sometimes it just makes big news. People are dicks everywhere and for every kind of reason, and my family's background is just one of the many groups targeted for misplaced rage and hatred. You just have to let them wallow in their ignorance and let it be. If it intrudes on your life, then you can deal with it at the time (which does happen, unfortunately), but we're certainly not the only group to have to put up with shit like this, and will certainly never be the last.

as for the Hitler stuff, there will always be lots of theories of why, but let us not forget that whatever the cause (medicinal induced dementia or otherwise), he really committed to it all the way. He studied for a long time the proper way to instigate a mass genocide, and in all honesty, he pulled it off brilliantly. In Mein Kampf he outlines how he studied the years of Armenian Genocide (by the Turks, if I remember correctly) preceding his own, and modeled his after that, noting it as very efficient. He studied and planned the whole thing very thoroughly before committing, so I guess my point is that this was not a rash plan he developed. If it was dementia, he sure had a long time to toss around the idea before he started his movement, so I still contend that there was at least some portion of rational, conscious thought in there. Not just a blind madness-induced tirade.

I'm not at all trying to directly rebut what any of you guys have just posted, I'm just (I guess preemptively) stating that I have heard arguments that resemble the "not guilty by insanity" thing before, and whereas I can fully agree with a decent amount of chemical imbalances being unfriendly to his mental state (hence, he was not the man he would have otherwise been), there had to be some conscious planning in there given the time and care he put into the whole mess.

my mom works with skitzos. a famous line is from one of the guys on her floor who was a certified genius, and the famous quote from this guy was 'I'm crazy, not stupid'

Just because he was nuts doesn't mean he didn't know what he was doing. regardless of why, he still did it and there's not excuse for it.

I guess that really helps say what I mean as well....I think any decently level-headed Jewish person I've talked to about it would recognize that he was quite brilliant and managed something people would have called impossible by most standards. (as an aside, this is one of the reasons people didn't react right away to help the jews, they simply thought the stories were outlandish, and there was no possible way a person could be doing all that). What I am saying is that he was not completely crazy, and I've heard that argument before. 'It wasn't his fault, he was insane'. No dice, in my eyes. Exactly like Dweez said, 'crazy, not stupid.'

And while genius and crazy tend to sleep in the same bed, this instance just happened to cost a bunch of people their lives. Hell, Einstien and Oppenhiemer were clear geniuses, and in the end they killed nearly 200,000 with the spawn of their efforts. I make no point with that other than to say I guess a lot can be said for being the one who gets to write the history books....