mustang help

Stimmel1647545512

I have a 1988 GT vert 5 speed, it sat for a year, I put new bbk 255lph pump in it and premium fuel in it fired it up and has ran great for the last 60 miles, battery was acting up, the car died one night while i was driving it hard, let it sit, no fuel pump prime but started up 5 min later and got it home, battery problem was stll there so replaced it fired right up no problem, the fuel pump stayed on when i got home after the car was off installed new ignition switch problem seemed to go away, drove the car over to my buddys no probelms got on it hard on the freeway ran like a top, car sat outside his house all day went to start it nothing, sprayed starting fluid in it and it ran for minute then died, replaced the igniton module still ntohing, the relay on the passenger side fender was clicking, and one of the wires (pink/light blue on) was corroed and messed up. still nothig is that a fuel relay? does anyone know whats goin on here im so fed up im bout to sell the car.

Hope more insight (as listed above) helps

It is very difficult to fix a car over the phone or internet. However, I will give you one possibly problem you may. It sounds like lack of fuel to me.

Get a fuel pressure guage and ck pressure at the fuel rail.

When DIYs install 255 pumps, occassionlly the supply tube falls off or it fits very loose and the engine gets only a small amount of fuel or non at all.

drop the tank and ck the fitment of the tube to the new 255, most likely that will be your problem. if you continue to have problems, feel free to call me at my shop at 740-964-3503.

Quick and easy check. Grab the injector harness and wiggle it with key on. Listen to and see if you here the any clicking. I know it sounds stupid but my car would do the same thing. The injector harness had a short in it somewhere

Awesome....I have to fore-warn you though, I can only do cars up to 2000hp. That thing looks like it might just break anything you stap it to.

Realistically it should be around 650 to 700, anymore and it might put the crank on your floor. "Stock block and pump gas"

Sorry to hijack thread