Need to get 9" center section rebuilt? 4WD Places?

Billiumss

Hi guys,

Last year I bought a 9" from an asshole in detroit, DLS. Long story short, had bad noise/gear whine when driving down the road. Tried to work it out with him and couldn't. Many others from LS1tech.com got screwed by him as well. He wouldn't return calls or emails and beat around the bush. After 4 months he said he would put a new gear set in but it would cost me another $150 more and with so many others having issues with him, I couldn't trust his work so, I declined, so now my car is in pieces again.

Where in Columbus would be a good place to take it to get it rebuilt with a new gear set? Any good 4WD places?

Babbit Bearing is out. Before I installed it in my car last fall, I had them check out the gear pattern (I paid him) to make sure it was right and it wasn't. When I first had noise issues, I called him up and he really didn't want to answer any questions. I'm guessing because I didn't buy everything from him.

I just want a place that has a lot of experience, has been around for a long time and WILL back up there work.

Bill

Is the whine very excessive or just slightly noticeable? Most aftermarket ring and pinions have less of a helical cut to the teeth causing more noise than a stock ring and pinion.

This may not be the case at all but something to consider.

If it does need rebuilt and you can wait a week, I may have the time in the near future.

The noise is very noticeable when going 65+ MPH.

I ordered Motive Performance gears and the idiot installed US Gears. Motive gears are known to be the quietest gears, thats why I ordered them.

I don't expect it to be perfectly quiet but the noise was excessive. I read so many stories and comments on LS1tech.com that their 9" rear ends were just as quiet as a stock 10 bolt.

Anyway, I want to get a set of Motive gears installed.

It's all in the way the gears are set up....

After talking to Mike on the phone for 15 minutes, I've decided to go with Mike Ward Racing to get my center section rebuilt.

I even had the chance to drop off my part yesterday and get a tour of the shop. Not too many shops have "Sunday" service. Very impressed and very close to my house.

I should get it back by the end of the week and hopefully my car will be road worthy by next Wednesday!

Thanks again Mike for taking your time out of your Sunday to help me out!