caliper question...?

Stimmel1647545512

1988 Mustang 5.0 with a 1993 cobra/88 turbo coupe rear end, all new lines all around the car, even hard lines, brake set up has 50 miles on it and the calipers out back and brand new from napa, get out of the car the other day smell somehting and see smoke coming from the driver side rear caliper, do i need to bleed brakes more or caliper a factory defect? any help?

1988 Mustang 5.0 with a 1993 cobra/88 turbo coupe rear end, all new lines all around the car, even hard lines, brake set up has 50 miles on it and the calipers out back and brand new from napa, get out of the car the other day smell somehting and see smoke coming from the driver side rear caliper, do i need to bleed brakes more or caliper a factory defect? any help?

I had a similar issue once. I replaced a set of brakes. after driving it the calipar looked locked up. I replaced it and had the same thing happen again. it turned out to the be rubber line in between the hard line and caliper turned into a one way valve allowing fluid into it but not back to the resvoir.

I would start with a replacement first.

Pull it off and check if it's sticking.

Did you clean the rotors properly before installation? A lot of times brakes will smoke and smell until they get all the shit off.

Pull it off and check if it's sticking.

Did you clean the rotors properly before installation? A lot of times brakes will smoke and smell until they get all the shit off.

I pulled it off, pushed the pedal the piston came out and seemed to go back in, and yes the rotors were cleaned as well as everyhting else, the whole differential/brake set up is new...

I pulled it off, pushed the pedal the piston came out and seemed to go back in, and yes the rotors were cleaned as well as everyhting else, the whole differential/brake set up is new...

If the piston is free, the caliper should be fine. I personally would put another week on it and see if the smoke clears. Is there any sign of abnormal wear on the pads or rotor?

If the piston is free, the caliper should be fine. I personally would put another week on it and see if the smoke clears. Is there any sign of abnormal wear on the pads or rotor?

Not that I can see the pads look fine so does the rotor but its gotta be sticking the car is being held back it sticks so bad, i might take it to firestone or midas and have them do a brake inspection

Check your master cylinder pushrod length. If it is extended even the slightest bit too far, the brake fluid can not fully return to the reservoir and there will be residual pressure held in the lines when the brakes are released.