Autozone

Guest mrhobbz

Guest mrhobbz

Fuck them all to hell, story soon to follow when I get back.

http://www.i7-d.com/tqc/Picture%201339.jpg

http://www.i7-d.com/tqc/Picture%201343.jpg

Yeah, thats definitely a torque converter for an 8 cyclinder...

Went back to autozone and asked them to pull up the part number for a torque converter for a v6 3.8 camaro, part number was the same.

"Thats a v8 torque converter"

-Duhhh hurrrr no its not.

"Look how big this fuckin thing is compared to the other one, it won't even fit in the bell housing"

-Duhhh hurrrr it should be the same duhh hurrrr

"Well its not, so heres what your going to do. Refund it and eat the shipping"

-Sorry, its been installed it's all scratched up.

"Its a remanufactured torque converter, I couldnt even bolt the fucking pressure plate to it"

-Duhhh hurrrr duhhh okay..

So I'm out of a car untill Monday when goodale transmissions gets the right torque converter for me. Yay

On top of that I just got another email...

"We just tracked the package and it appears somehow UPS delivered this to the wrong address instead of you, we are going to ship you out two new subwoofers today and e-mail you the tracking # so you can make sure you get them on Monday."

Yay.

Does anyone realize that these guys just sell parts? They, for the most part, have no idea what they're talking about. Why does everyone expect more from them? Why does everyone get so pissed when they fail?

whats wrong with a place that asks you "well what car is it for" over and over even though you tell them its for a completely different vehicle.

Yeah right try getting a part for a 1g talon Fwd. I cant tell you how many parts they got wrong or were the wrong size and how many trips.

I dont expect them to be automotive genuises but with how much faith they put in their computer system to know the right part I would expect them to get it right MOST of the time, at least the majority of the time.

Yeah right try getting a part for a 1g talon Fwd. I cant tell you how many parts they got wrong or were the wrong size and how many trips.

I dont expect them to be automotive genuises but with how much faith they put in their computer system to know the right part I would expect them to get it right MOST of the time, at least the majority of the time.

Hell, their parts catalog isn't always right. They never did find the correct upper radiator hose for my Pathfinder, had to make one work for it!! This goes for an parts store except NAPA, never had any issues with them except price.

My old 1G AWD broke a rear pass. axle and when i went to get it replaced they kept sending me FWD drivers side ones. Took seven times to get the right one from them.

Thats why I only shop there for minor things. Like plugs, oil, cleaning equip, light bulbs, misc shit never anything big like motor parts. Its not that I expect them to do things right, I just dont feel like geting home finding out it is the wrong part then waiting in like for 30 min to tell them to send me a new one. I just dont even give them the chance to fuck up.

I expect people in any position to know what the hell they are talking about, or GTFO. It always refreshes me when I go into an advanced auto or something similar and ask for a part, the guy asks why, and then can actually part with some knowledge in the situation. Customers want value with their service, not just service these days. I would gladly go pay more if they would hire people who knew what they were talking about. I guess this isn't the case for most though.

Case in point; why I do not shop at Autozone unless it's off the shelf stuff. Like car wash, or wax, or maybe oil.

There's been one knowledgeable person I've met working at Autozone, ever. The rest had blank, idiotic, and lost looks on their faces.

In other news, I've been seeing area grocery stores make baggers and employees wear ties, aprons, and proper pants again. They're trying, at least. Hell, half the baggers badmouth you, even for a simple request, ie; Can you make that paper please? Then that *tsk* comes out of their mouth and they start bitching, sometimes under their breath or directly to the customer. Standards should be higher. I hate people. Thought customer service was #1?

A knowledgeable parts guy can get a job done fast for shops, therefore opening spots in bays, raising profit. Faster parts go in, faster the cars come out, and the more money there is to be made. That is why people should expect parts guys to know their stuff. For the regular consumer, it's to have your personal car back on the road ASAP, to get to work or school. For the shop aspect, I've already listed it. Knowing what part you need, and being able to get it promptly is half the battle.

Sorry. Long freaking day, 2 1/2 hours of sleep, class, work, and I wouldn't be surprised if I ran into my ex tonight, with the day I've been having.

I've always found that at least Advance is easier to work with when you have trouble such as the trouble you had. At Autozone they really do do the "Duhhh hurrrr duhhh" stuff. At least thats been my experience from every autozone I've been to EVER.

I only go in that store when I'm riding with someone who won't go somewhere else.

Evan

Guest mrhobbz
I've always found that at least Advance is easier to work with when you have trouble such as the trouble you had. At Autozone they really do do the "Duhhh hurrrr duhhh" stuff. At least thats been my experience from every autozone I've been to EVER.

I only go in that store when I'm riding with someone who won't go somewhere else.

Evan

Yeah i tried advanced auto but they told me that they couldnt even order it. The kid that initally made the order was talking all this shit "ohh thats a shitty motor" Really? Then why has it been around since the early 80's and hasn't really changed much. Then he proceeded to tell me that ferraris reverse is in the middle of the gear box, and that he was swapping a ferrari drive train into a mustang? What kind of fuckin' retards do they hire there?

Yeah i tried advanced auto but they told me that they couldnt even order it. The kid that initally made the order was talking all this shit "ohh thats a shitty motor" Really? Then why has it been around since the early 80's and hasn't really changed much. Then he proceeded to tell me that ferraris reverse is in the middle of the gear box, and that he was swapping a ferrari drive train into a mustang? What kind of fuckin' retards do they hire there?

Im doing my Ferrari swap this summer, I am worried about miising 4th and puting it into Reverse tho..... Yea that just sounds retarted

You all know the story of the Autozone employee who asked the customer what year Ford his Corvette was? It happened in 1993 at the store on Main Street in Reynoldsburg. My roommate was in line behind the guy at the time.

I just had the fun of trying to buy a new serpentine belt idler pulley from them. Got a tensioner pulley. Got an idler pulley, but for some other car. Got another tensioner pulley, with some weird-ass adapter sleeve that would last about a tenth of a second with a 80lbs sheer load on it. Then I got the correct idler pulley, but it came with pre-destroyed bearings.

Went to Napa, the guy didn't even have to look it up, just grabbed it from the shelf and told me, "Hope you have a set of Gearwrenches, it's fun getting to the bolt on those!"

...and that he was swapping a ferrari drive train into a mustang? What kind of fuckin' retards do they hire there?

The same kind of retards that Best Buy, Circuit City, and (when they were open) CompUSA have taken to hiring... the ones who spout letters and numbers, but have shit for concept on what they all mean. Then when you tell 'em that their "hot seller" is a card that was discontinued two years ago, they're like "No way, we've got them right over here!!" and spend the next fifteen minutes trying to figure out where they went.

Guest mrhobbz
should've gone to napa........

Tried NAPA because I can get a discount through my fathers work, but they don't carry a torque converter for it, they can't even order one. Not to mention their prices blow :) I ended up getting one from goodale transmission off of 5th ave, should have it tomorrow.