Guest Hal

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirk, how much power did your car make?

i put down 580 hp/ 540tq, and made 1 lb less boost--about 17.5

this was with 17.5 degrees timing. i'm guessing the humidity caused the lb of boost loss, so maybe there's just a bit more hp with better air. the week prior, we had bone-dry, 60 degree weather, and the car put down 590 at 18 degrees, and 615 at 20 degrees with a bit leaner tune--with 18.4 psi.

either way, i was very pleased to get 2 tunes saved in the car. the first one has about 15.5 degrees timing and made 560hp, and the second tune (which is currently programmed into the car) is the 17.5 degree tune, with 11.5 a/f.

hopefully the GTO will make 380ish once i get it tuned--i don't really know what to expect from it. i probably should have done longtubes instead of a catback.

once i get some time, i'll have my brother come over and help me get the video of my last pull--it might be a week or so though, but i will post it.

i put down 580 hp/ 540tq, and made 1 lb less boost--about 17.5

this was with 17.5 degrees timing. i'm guessing the humidity caused the lb of boost loss, so maybe there's just a bit more hp with better air. the week prior, we had bone-dry, 60 degree weather, and the car put down 590 at 18 degrees, and 615 at 20 degrees with a bit leaner tune--with 18.4 psi.

either way, i was very pleased to get 2 tunes saved in the car. the first one has about 15.5 degrees timing and made 560hp, and the second tune (which is currently programmed into the car) is the 17.5 degree tune, with 11.5 a/f.

hopefully the GTO will make 380ish once i get it tuned--i don't really know what to expect from it. i probably should have done longtubes instead of a catback.

once i get some time, i'll have my brother come over and help me get the video of my last pull--it might be a week or so though, but i will post it.

Are you getting any belt slip?

I'll make sure i reintroduce myself as well. I didn't get a chance to say hell when i saw you out yesterday.

Are you getting any belt slip?

I'll make sure i reintroduce myself as well. I didn't get a chance to say hell when i saw you out yesterday.

no belt slip as far as i know--just the normal dust that is to be expected. i have the tensioner pulley that wraps the belt almost 270 degrees around the blower pulley. maybe i'll get a new belt just to be sure.

yeah it was good to see your car out--sounded incredible.

That's cute. Bet it still cuts 2.0 or worse 60's.

its much more than cute, its fucking hot as hell. its not a drag car, not a race car, not a car that gets abused at all--just one of the cleanest '03/'04's you'll see, and i take a bit of pride in that. i've got no problem owning a dyno queen, and that's what it is. i don't doubt the 2.0 or worse 60 foot times, and i won't launch the car hard to prove you wrong. enjoy your s-10, its time for lunch.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9118/s3500027rb4.jpg

edit: if you're referring to the car in the video, then i retract my post. but i still think he'll cut better than 2.0 60 foot times.

I tried to, but I couldn't work up enough care.

i'm sure that's the case. if you don't care, how is it that you wandered into this thread, and have wasted your time posting here?? i'm at work right now, getting paid to sit here and wait for idiots who are competing for this year's Darwin award to get fucked up doing stupid things, while you're at home crying over peoples' dyno videos. who's the emo again??