The V8 Beast Does Dynotune.

Guest Hal

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the safety issue is a wash. Racing at the track is dangerous. Racing on the street is dangerous. Racing is dangerous.

Racing at the track offers me zero in the way of competition but provides me a little slip of paper for all of my time and money. It tells me I suck for the money and time invested or maybe some of it was worth it. Either way, it doesnt make me feel any better about getting half-tracked by the 8-second Nova I was "Racing" or finishing before the stock '89 Tempo even reached the 60-ft mark. I dunno, call me crazy. I haven't "Got it" in all the years I have been into cars and doubt I ever will.

Drag racing at the track is like waiting in line 3 hours for that Power Tower at Cedar Point. It drops straight down. It feels cool for maybe a second or two. Its over. I walk away in complete and total disbelief that I just wasted 3 hours of my life for that lol. Now if every time I went out it was like a private day where you could easily get 10-15 passes in and feel like you actually learned something (Working on launches and shift points and tunes etc etc) that would be a different story.

Jeff

I agree that the test and tune events do take a while. But to just group all track racing into this statement is like saying every street racer has nawwwsss. Every track offers different test and tunes, events, and bracket nights. I am sure you could build a car through your work to fit into a class that you could have fun racing in. Yes racing is dangerous but, you can run 140 at the track and not worry about another car coming out in front of you, shit in the road...i could go on and on. You could easily go up to dragway 42 or MCIR or Norwalk on a test and tune night and get lined up against who you want to race easily. Ask Jason or Mark, who knows how many times they race each other at MCIR. Just saying don't take shitty times at trails and dump on all of drag racing.

To me the safety issue is a wash. Racing at the track is dangerous. Racing on the street is dangerous. Racing is dangerous.

Racing at the track offers me zero in the way of competition but provides me a little slip of paper for all of my time and money. It tells me I suck for the money and time invested or maybe some of it was worth it. Either way, it doesnt make me feel any better about getting half-tracked by the 8-second Nova I was "Racing" or finishing before the stock '89 Tempo even reached the 60-ft mark. I dunno, call me crazy. I haven't "Got it" in all the years I have been into cars and doubt I ever will.

Drag racing at the track is like waiting in line 3 hours for that Power Tower at Cedar Point. It drops straight down. It feels cool for maybe a second or two. Its over. I walk away in complete and total disbelief that I just wasted 3 hours of my life for that lol. Now if every time I went out it was like a private day where you could easily get 10-15 passes in and feel like you actually learned something (Working on launches and shift points and tunes etc etc) that would be a different story.

Jeff

Safety is not a wash. Racing on the street in my eyes is more dangerous than the track. The street has way more variables and the speeds reached are higher in most cases. The majority of the people that race on here will never see 140mph at the track... However, they can go out and roll to 140 with no problem. I would also like to point out that the minutes saved by having emt on site could save a life. Trying to justify a roll race to me isnt going to work. Putting my foot to the floor and hitting a nitrous switch doesnt require a lot of practice or skill (I drive an auto). At least at the track I can race against the clock and work towards a goal.

It all comes down to personal preference. I'm bored with the roll racing stuff just as the track is boring to you. I just hope people are smart about what they do this year.

It all comes down to personal preference. I'm bored with the roll racing stuff just as the track is boring to you. I just hope people are smart about what they do this year.

That's why my car is going to Lidio at Alternative Auto in Michigan next week. Lentech 4r70W.