110 welder, worth having?

wnaplay1647545503

I have an opportunity to get a 110v wire feed welder for next to nothing, I'm not sure what these even go for, but is it something worth having in the garage? There has only been a hand full of times I ever needed to weld anything, and I have access to everything I need at work. I might be more inclined to do some small welding projects or at least teach myself a thing or two if I had one, but are they strong enough at 110v to really weld anything?

We've got a 110v Lincoln Electric MIG at work. It works ok........

Though, I REALLY wish it was a 220v unit. It will do ok for smaller projects. I almost always have the heat/power setting cranked all the way up. Not sure what it will do as far as penetration depth, but like I said, it does ok.

Guest RoundIIRacing
I've got a 110 miller that I use all the time around the shop,it welds exhaust ith ease,and it'll do up to 1/4 inch easy!Is the 110 welder you are getting use flux core wire?If so and it's cappable I'd highly recomend converting it to gas(agon 75%,carbon dioxide 25%)!All other applications I use my miller t.i.g. for and its 220.

I have an opportunity to get a 110v wire feed welder for next to nothing, I'm not sure what these even go for, but is it something worth having in the garage? There has only been a hand full of times I ever needed to weld anything, and I have access to everything I need at work. I might be more inclined to do some small welding projects or at least teach myself a thing or two if I had one, but are they strong enough at 110v to really weld anything?

If its gas shielded, then yes. I have built near 2000whp worth of just my personal cars in my one car garage with a harbor freight "Fischer price special"