270 and cops....seriously, WTH!!

Putty

Dude from Easton to Tuttle, I must pass 7 OSP and CPD cars either with people pulled over or hiding in the splits. This has been EVERYDAY. What is going on...this summer is going to be ruff on the freeway. I thought it was just rush hour, but I left home at 10am this morn and the same thing out there.

I just watch traffic, keep alert and speed within reason. Typically I don't do much freeway driving and find lots of other places to have fun when I want to. Places that are easy to do a first pass by on too.

hiding in the splits.

Police in Ohio don't hide. Try Indiana where Linn's car with some lights behind the grill and on the sunvisor might pull you over. Try Michigan where Sam's TB would pull out from the trees along the freeway or from behind the bridge and write you up. I was thankful to come here and have it so much easier. I will take fully visible and marked cars in quantity over slick top or hidden cars here and there any day of the week. (Also makes it harder for impersonators to exist. BIG problem when I lived in Michigan was rapist, car jackers, kidnappers, etc. pulling people over. Got bad enough the cops told everyone to slow down and use blinkers till they got to the next gas station instead of pulling over.)

It is crazy right now. I saw 3 cars pulled over on my lunch break. The thing that sucks for me right now is my speedometer is wrong because of my gearing. So 70mph is like 90mph. It's scary going by a cop when your speedometer reads 85mph.!

It is crazy right now. I saw 3 cars pulled over on my lunch break. The thing that sucks for me right now is my speedometer is wrong because of my gearing. So 70mph is like 90mph. It's scary going by a cop when your speedometer reads 85mph.!

Yeah mine is off because of my larger rims. I check it with my GPS to make sure. 70 is actually 65.

They are also not "supposed" to sit at night with their lights off either, but I realized they do and got a blasted ticket.

The only reason I have heard that they shouldn't be doing this is because police cruisers need to be visible in case someone needs helped. The cop just told me, "That is why we have reflectors." lol

They are also not "supposed" to sit at night with their lights off either, but I realized they do and got a blasted ticket.

They have to be visible by law... according to the courts, their reflective paint make them visible enough... apparently

Yeah mine is off because of my larger rims. I check it with my GPS to make sure. 70 is actually 65.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, larger rims will have the opposite affect. For example, your speedo says 70 but you're really doing 75.

Here, try this. I used to have a better one, but can't find it. Works the same, though.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/speedocalibcalc.html

They have to be visible by law... according to the courts, their reflective paint make them visible enough... apparently

That is their defense, but it's BS. They are to have park lights on at least, but.....