New "very high speed" train

Casper

most impressive to bad the u.s. will never build something this amazing. think about it a train ticket would prolly be like $25 to a place like chicago or new york and you show up to a train station hop on a train and 2 1/2 or three hours later you are chillin in one of the coolest cities in the world. now if you drove it would take you 6 hours to get to chicago and cost you 5 times as much in gas money and new york would take 10 hours and around $200 for gas.

most impressive to bad the u.s. will never build something this amazing. think about it a train ticket would prolly be like $25 to a place like chicago or new york and you show up to a train station hop on a train and 2 1/2 or three hours later you are chillin in one of the coolest cities in the world. now if you drove it would take you 6 hours to get to chicago and cost you 5 times as much in gas money and new york would take 10 hours and around $200 for gas.

Yep, I agree. The public transit system sucks here compared to Europe. As soon as I saw "very high speed" train in the thread title I thought about France.

yeah but that benefits me how???

They're talking about a train between Cleveland and Cinci passing through Columbus. I think that's fucking retarded. Who wants to go from shithole to shithole to shithole? I want to go somewhere cool. A train from here to Chicago would kick ass.

They're talking about a train between Cleveland and Cinci passing through Columbus. I think that's fucking retarded. Who wants to go from shithole to shithole to shithole? I want to go somewhere cool. A train from here to Chicago would kick ass.

I think the views going from said shithole to another shithole would be worth it. But maybe only once.

Lack of privatization is why we don't have kick ass trains.

Americans are much more an automobile based society than Europe or other countries where mass transit & carpooling are the norm

That's why Amtrak uses/needs federal funding to keep operating

Kids in Northern Ohio, back in the 1930s and 1940s, used to hop on trains to Chicago to spend the day. It didn't cost an arm and leg like a train ticket today. It was as common as us taking a bus downtown. Not that we would much want to go downtown or take a bus, but you get the idea.

The views? Corn. Corn. Ooo! Soy bean. Corn. Corn. Wheat! Corn. Corn. Corn.

lol, I was gonna say there isn't any wheat in Ohio, but I is wrong. It's grown as a third season crop over the Winter months.

Ohio wheat growers produce some of the highest quality soft red winter wheat sought after by millers and bakers in the nation. Ohio ranks fifth overall among all winter wheat-producing states, bringing in more than $215 million to the state’s agricultural industry, according to the Ohio Department of Agriculture.

+1

:dunno: Might be nice for people commuting to work. It would help to expand employment opportunities within the state.