Yep.. need the sinus surgery FUN

Buck531

Went to the ear, Nose and Throat dude yesterday. I have this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deviated_septum

Deviated Septum. Sucks for me. I have to do a cat scan next Friday and then we'll schedule the surgery. Expecting to be out 3-4 weeks in pain. This aughta be fun!

I guess it's not as bad as it was 4 years ago. They stick these tubes up my nose to let me breathe rather than the old style of packing gauze up in there.

so you got in a crash, fight or your mom was really tight?

and don't be a pussy it only says 1-3 weeks lol.

"It is most frequently caused by impact trauma, such as by a blow to the face.[1] It can also be a congenital disorder, caused by compression of the nose during childbirth.[1]"

lol. I saw that too. Maybe my parents dropped me on my head too many times. I dunno.

The doc said it was probably genetics. My whole family snores like a mofo. They probably have the same thing I do. Shrug.

As for the 1-3 weeks. Doc said more like 3-4. I know. blah blah. I've never really had surgery for anything.. ever. Maybe if I had back surgery or some other crap I wouldn't care, but this is the first "big" surgery I've ever had.

+1 on dont be a pussy...i broke my nose 3 times as a kid, and had this surgery when i was ~16...they took cartlige (sp?) the size of a quarter out of my nose...i think i was out of school for 3 days...it wasnt long. IIRC, the tubes didnt stay in more than the few days i was out.

which doctor did you see?? boris karanfilov, is one of the better docs to see for your problem--and he's a car guy to boot--911 turbo, and a twin turbo, gutted S4. he pretty much does mostly computer guided nasal surgery for 75% of his practice

which doctor did you see?? boris karanfilov, is one of the better docs to see for your problem--and he's a car guy to boot--911 turbo, and a twin turbo, gutted S4. he pretty much does mostly computer guided nasal surgery for 75% of his practice

Burkhart.

i also have the same thing. i have still neglectd to go and get the ok for surgury.

also my gf said i toss and turn all night and i often stop breathing.

i talked to a power lifter who said he had the septem problem and light sleep apnia.

he said after having the surgery the apnia actuall got better. he felt like a new man

in a few months he wqs stronger than ever and was growing like never before either.

i also have the same thing. i have still neglectd to go and get the ok for surgury.

also my gf said i toss and turn all night and i often stop breathing.

i talked to a power lifter who said he had the septem problem and light sleep apnia.

he said after having the surgery the apnia actuall got better. he felt like a new man

in a few months he wqs stronger than ever and was growing like never before either.

sleep apnea can have many causes--blocked sinus passages, enlarged tonsils, etc etc. if the problem is only from the sinus blockage, surgery will have unbelievable results--unbelievable. these people feel completely reborn, re-energized, etc.--the surgery ranks very high as far as patient gratification

well worth the pain. I refer back to my post when you were first considering it.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46941&highlight=sinus+surgery

Thanks. I forgot all about that thread.

He did say there was a better way of doing it now. He said after the scan of my head he'll be able to find out if I have pollups or what not up there and if they need to do anything else. He said something about sticking two tubes up my nostrils and they don't pack your sinus cavities with gauze anymore.

I was only packed up my nose for one day. Tubes or no tubes, once the swelling kicks in it fucking hurts. I think the worst of my pain was from the cauterization.

Thanks. I forgot all about that thread.

He did say there was a better way of doing it now. He said after the scan of my head he'll be able to find out if I have pollups or what not up there and if they need to do anything else. He said something about sticking two tubes up my nostrils and they don't pack your sinus cavities with gauze anymore.

1000x worth it. I haven't had a stuffy nose since. Seriously....even with a cold, I can breath just fine.

I've been wanting to get to a doctor about this as I have a really difficult time breathing through my nose and may have it. Keep us updated as I've heard before it's well worth it.

tonsil surgery in an adult sucks ass completely. lots of bleeding and big infection risk---totally different than removing tonsils in a child.
i had mine done about 5 years ago when we had that real cold winter and was doing fine and was eating and drinking no problem ,but i went out on day 2 to fix a furnace (an outside heatpump) and they got dryed out from being outside in the cold and didnt eat or drink anything for the next 4 days because of it.if it wasnt for being outside i would have been fine.

I had mine done back in 93 when I was in high school and it sucked. I had to spend 1 night in the hospital and when I came out of surgery my eyes were swollen shut for that day. They packed my nose for a week or so I cant remeber. All I know is that there was part of the gauze dangling in the back of my throat. When they pulled it out each it was the size of a softball. That was pulled out of each side. I rember the doctor saying that I may have to have some follow up sugery just to get everything just right. I looked at my step mom and told her FUCK THAT. I remeber seeing pics from the surgery and they cut the center part o my nose and it looked like I had one big nostril. I dont think the doctor that I went to was very good I still have problems with my nose getting clogged.

Interesting fact: Humans in good health only breathe through one nostril at a time. Which nostril is being used changes periodically throughout the day. :)

OK, man, you just made that one up to get people to go around trying to figure out which nostril they're using...:bs:

BTW, Buck, is this gonna take you out of the Regal meet?