Going Back To School

OneToEnvy

Ok... im 22 almost 23.. and i never been to college.. now im going to go..

im going to start at columbus state for accounting... then hopefully make my way into law school down the road... so im asking CR... is there any advice to make this easier... any tricks to the trade.. i did really well in HS... i just ended up in a great job.. and dident want to leave it.. now i have come to the conclusion that i need a degree... im open to any help

Thanks

There's not much to college other than signing up and doing it. If you are confused about anything, definitely see a counselor at CSCC. They'll help you get on the correct path by scheduling what courses you need in order to transfer to Ohio State. Also, go to OSU's website and look at their majors and different colleges to see what you're getting in to and what exactly you need to be accepted. I just transfered to Ohio State and some of my credits from CSCC didn't transfer because I took some unneeded courses.

Oh college is a magical place! You'll studiously ponder the whimsy and wonder of the world! You'll survey the constructs of nations, the evolution of languages and diachronic linguistics, the hydrodynamic radius of a macromolecule, the fascinating function of the endoplasmic reticulum!

You may even discover the difference between a mother fucking period and your beloved ellipsis.

90% of college success involves just SHOWING UP TO EVERY CLASS. that's what i did, and things worked out pretty well for me. everyone around me who was 'blowing off' their classes, now works as a slave in a cubicle ala office space.

Thats great this is what i need to hear.. thanks alot for all the resposes...

do any of you guys have some success stories about what you did once you got out of college..

did it pay off to go or did you just end up doing what you would have anyways?

haha.. i dont haveto worry about that.. i have pleanty of ass without school... and im tired of not going any where in my life... i think working for the last 4 years helped me relize that i want a solid career to be proud of... and be able to retire.. blah blah blah.. then build a hot rod..lol

yeah something like that... my dads in prison..its all good though.. im doing more for me.. so i can feel like i did somethig with my life...

i just dont want to spend 7 years in school and come out right here i am now.. i want to have a great career... and make the money that 7 years of school deserves

Wow, who thought a Billy Madison quote would be such a downer... not I.

haha.. shit im sorry man... i dident even think of that...iv seen that movie a 1000 times.. like i said dident mean to make it sound like it upsets me... just wanted to clarify it was for me..

i wish i could help but school blows and im not motivated at all for it hints to why i barely show up...but i did skip my one class for 3weeks straight and still got a 99% in the class for doing the homework...so just make sure you do the homework and you be ok

First... My post was goddamn hilarious. I hate every poster for not recognizing that.

Second... I went to OSU for 4 years. I have one year left. I dont see myself completing it anytime soon as I make more per year than most do in 2. I probably could have managed to get the interview for the job I have without those 4 years but I would not have been nearly as successful as I have been without the social education I received.

Classes are certainly a benefit, but learning who you are and establishing yourself as an independent individualistic self-motivated being is priceless.

First... My post was goddamn hilarious. I hate every poster for not recognizing that.

Second... I went to OSU for 4 years. I have one year left. I dont see myself completing it anytime soon as I make more per year than most do in 2. I probably could have managed to get the interview for the job I have without those 4 years but I would not have been nearly as successful as I have been without the social education I received.

Classes are certainly a benefit, but learning who you are and establishing yourself as an independent individualistic self-motivated being is priceless.

what r u in school for?

and what is you occupation..if you dont mind me asking?

I went to OU for 4 yrs graduated with two degrees one in Finance and one in Economics. I always knew I wanted to be a Broker of some sort so I went the white boy way of slangin crack rock I became a commodity broker. I'm 23 and make more then my parents combined. That was my goal... I met that. Now I'm the manager of the trade desk, Its fun.

You just need to read the books they tell you and get to know the professors. Too many times have I seen kids who dont bs with the prof and get screwed when it comes to gettign a few extra points to make the difference between an A and a B. Work your ass and youll be fine. Take 20 credit hours a quarter. You only pay up to 12 then 12-20 are all the same price more bang for the buck.

Maybe we would have thought it was funnier if we were logged on at 4:30 in the morning like you. I did enjoy your post, however.

haha.. i dont haveto worry about that.. i have pleanty of ass without school... and im tired of not going any where in my life... i think working for the last 4 years helped me relize that i want a solid career to be proud of... and be able to retire.. blah blah blah.. then build a hot rod..lol

Im 24 about to turn 25 and I started last year.....

Its workin well for me so far.