let me see the forums dammit

Guest brian68

Guest brian68
Hi, here's my real nifty intro. My name's brian, I've got a black 2002 Z-06, bone stock. I do the local autox thing with ovr. I also do hpde events at mid-ohio with nasa. although i'm doing mid-ohio in a couple weeks with porsche club of america. I'm doing my first event ever with columbusracing, with this drag racing thing on friday. this will be my first drag race too. I've got dot slicks but I think I will just show up on street tires to see how close I can get to the magazine times. ok, that was my intro.

Guest mrhobbz
Hi, here's my real nifty intro. My name's brian, I've got a black 2002 Z-06, bone stock. I do the local autox thing with ovr. I also do hpde events at mid-ohio with nasa. although i'm doing mid-ohio in a couple weeks with porsche club of america. I'm doing my first event ever with columbusracing, with this drag racing thing on friday. this will be my first drag race too. I've got dot slicks but I think I will just show up on street tires to see how close I can get to the magazine times. ok, that was my intro.

picz plz?

I not scared of corners. How else would you enter the return lane to get back to the staging lanes!!!

Oh yeah, welcome.

hahaha thats the funniest thing i ever heard, this guys my new hero^^^^

Guest brian68
Hey, ya, we were all excited there was another vette in the group and then saw they had you signed up in ASP. You know, I'm certain that the other guys in SS wouldn't care if you ran in SS. Heard you had headers which bumped you out, but heck, they allow the new Z in SS so your headers are a total who cares. George has the yellow '01 Z (he's my neighbor) so he's only got 385 hp compared to Mike who has 505 hp. So george has a slightly larger than legal front tires and a hurst shifter. Mike, with his 505 hp and wide tires doesn't complain! And george got first last time anyway. I know all the SS guys really well and I'm certain they'd love to have you run in SS with the rest of us. something to ponder. Oh, and my wife does the driver's school every year in the vette. It's the only event she does all year. So when you see my car going REALLY slow, that's not me!!! But I'll be there too.

Hey, ya, we were all excited there was another vette in the group and then saw they had you signed up in ASP. You know, I'm certain that the other guys in SS wouldn't care if you ran in SS. Heard you had headers which bumped you out, but heck, they allow the new Z in SS so your headers are a total who cares. George has the yellow '01 Z (he's my neighbor) so he's only got 385 hp compared to Mike who has 505 hp. So george has a slightly larger than legal front tires and a hurst shifter. Mike, with his 505 hp and wide tires doesn't complain! And george got first last time anyway. I know all the SS guys really well and I'm certain they'd love to have you run in SS with the rest of us. something to ponder. Oh, and my wife does the driver's school every year in the vette. It's the only event she does all year. So when you see my car going REALLY slow, that's not me!!! But I'll be there too.

thats cool, i'll have to think about that. i do have stailness braded lines as well and a CAI. it would be alot closer racing if i had some race tires, you guys had me by 2 seconds with my street tires.

Guest brian68
I think allowing race tires in stock class is just nuts. What a pain in the ass for everybody to have to trailer their tires to the event to get 5 one minute runs. Or, if you've got money, I guess you could trailer the whole car, but still. If everybody ran on their streets you'd still have awesome racing with a lot less hassle. I finally caved and got tires last year. I'm still using the set I used last year so I'm not as fast as I could be either. They get useless pretty quick. Anyway, they DEFINITELY won't care if you run SS if you're on street tires. You could have a supercharger and you can't win on street tires. So I really don't think they'll care about your mods. Just fun to have more people in the group. Oh, and what's a CAI?

Cold Air Intake.

i have a set of 2004 Z wheels that are getting powder coated black and my other Toyo's will be here thursday so by saturday i should be rolling 295 on 18's all the way around. that should pick me up a little bit just having the car square and more contact patch in the front.

Guest brian68
where are you getting your wheels coated? I wouldn't mind doing that to mine, I'm tired of looking at the huge amount of brake dust the racing pads kick out. how much does it cost?

welcome aboard. Positive rep for you so you can hopefully make it out of the Oven.

Unfortunately my boss f'd me on going to the PCA school by not letting me off of work. It's a killer deal too!

Andy (Audion19s here) should be up there with his 996, and my buddy Rob will be there in a white 01 Z06.

Welcome, you are going to find that most American car owners here are terrified of corners.
You're an idiot.

I not scared of corners. How else would you enter the return lane to get back to the staging lanes!!!

Oh yeah, welcome.

You, sir, just got positive rep points. :cool:
  • Confused 1