bike stand

ford5oh

I suppose for what it's worth I've just got a set of trex stands that I got offf ebay. Other than wanting to add a set of weld points to change it from a disassembleable stand to a fixed stand they work fine. Though from others reviews they tend to be hit or miss stands.

It all depends on the brand but you are talking $100-200 for a good set, not a big deal like some seam to think. I like Pitbull but Vortex, Redline, and a few others are great. Make sure they are for your bike and have adjustable/fixed brackets. The spring loaded universal ones are junk and so are the short handle handy stand types.

If you are just going to use it for winter storage any will work. If you are actually going to use it by yourself with no help at an event you'll see a difference. Not to mention when you are doing quick changes and other stuff they are a little more user friendly and will last longer. I've seen the aluminum ones flex and drop bikes so I prefer the steel made ones. A few other benefits depending on the style you use on the front.

Plus they have Pitbull stickers on them which is worth at least 20whp for use squids and the chrome matches my swingarm... :lol:

• Upvote 1

I'm going to order a billet side stand tomorrow so my bike doesn't fall over anymore.

Well you did say you didn't want it to fall over so maybe you should keep it on the stands. Your stands seem to have better luck with keeping it up right and on the pavement... j/k :p

You're right billet may help... ;)

Which stands are you using by the way...? Looks like a factory Yamaha/Graves on the rear and maybe a DMP on the front...

Who cares what they are. They can't hold up a bike because they don't say Pitbull on them.

Again, you still have no reason.

Way to go, asshat.

If anyone looks like an asshat it is you.

Where did I say anywhere that Pitbull was the "only" stand to buy...? I said IMO they are the best so I recommended that brand and around what he could expect to pay. Then you go off on a damn tangent about how they are overpriced bullshit when the stands that you own are within a few bucks of the Pitbull, Vortex, etc price.

Which like I said initially is around $150.

The Yamaha rear stand retails for $150 and the DMP front stand retails for around $100. I guess you yourself bought overpriced bullshit then Mr. Epic Fail. The point of your discussion was what... :gtfo:

Mine was free. You lose again.

Your exact words, "Pit-Bull is the best IMO".

Yet you still have no reason what makes them any better than any other stand. You can say you read it on the internet, we all know you have no real reason. It's a chunk of metal.

:lol:

Unless you are giving your stands to ford5oh for free it does him no good to post your lame argument. He asked about a stand and I gave him a recommened brand and price, you did what to help him....

I already gave a few reasons and so did a few others, apparently you can't read. Then again it's only my opinion like I said initially (IMO). So if I got my bike free does that mean you lose... :p

How do you like the Supersprox sprocket....?

My point is simple. Pitbull is overpriced. You've proved that.

Rear sprocket is a Stealth...

Your point is mute.... :slap:

Pitbull is the same price or cheaper than a lot of the name brands and cheaper than the Yahama/Graves stand that you are using (regardless of if you got it free or not). So you are using overpriced bullshit on your own bike. Again, your entire argument was pointless....

P.S....Supersprox makes the Stealth sprockets.... :thumbup:

The word is moot.

100 is not less than 150, unless you failed math as well as English.

Moot would be correct as your point was debateable or not worthy of discussion. Mute is what you should be doing... ;)

100 is not less than 150, I guess you got me on that one... :eek:

You're the one trying to say a piece of metal that holds up a bike is better than another piece of metal that holds up a bike because someone online told you so, not me.

Whatever gets you to sleep at night. Next time you feel like throwing away money PM me and I'll give you my paypal info.

Someone online told me so huh... :lol:

You obviously haven't used more than one brand of stand if you think they are all the same. I'm going to leave it at that while you get some more riding, racing, and stand usage experience under your belt.

How's the rebuild going....? ;)

Again, any stand that uses spools is fine. Yes, there are non-spool cheap stands that suck. No, that doesn't make Pitbull worth more money.

Rebuild? Did you fail reading comprehension as well? My coils died. Known R6 recall. New ones will be here Tuesday. Bike is still sitting on a non Pitbull stand, apart.

Again, any stand that uses spools is fine. Yes, there are non-spool cheap stands that suck. No, that doesn't make Pitbull worth more money.

Rebuild? Did you fail reading comprehension as well? My coils died. Known R6 recall. New ones will be here Tuesday. Bike is still sitting on a non Pitbull stand, apart.

But you said it's just metal so they are all the same, right... :rolleyes:

Did you not read anything. Pitbull is the same price if not cheaper than any of the other name brands. Even cheaper than the Yamaha/Graves stand that YOU are using...

So your bike was undamaged when you decided to off-road it and break your leg or was that the mini-bike....?

Still nothing on what makes your Pitbull better than my stand.

I'm all ears.

http://i30.tinypic.com/15ek0mx.jpg

Zomg get me some Pitbull stickers so I can be cool on the internet.

just a ?? does the handle fold down on the front 1 ????? for a lowerd bike

But you said it's just metal so they are all the same, right... :rolleyes:

Did you not read anything. Pitbull is the same price if not cheaper than any of the other name brands. Even cheaper than the Yamaha/Graves stand that YOU are using...

So your bike was undamaged when you decided to off-road it and break your leg or was that the mini-bike....?

Again, my Graves was free. I wouldn't pay $150 for it.

You failed colors too? My other bike was black. This one is silver.

Christ.

I don't know if you'd be able to fit it between the plastics and the fender on a lowered bike, but yes, it does fold. It pivots at about dead center of the rotor, you can see the bolt in the pic.

You would probably be better off adding a set of spools to the front and buying a stand to lift from there.

For a lowered bike the TT style stand won't work. You will have to use a fork tube only style stand. The fairings on the BUSA don't leave enough room when lowered between the fender to get the TT stand in to fit. ;)

Again, my Graves was free. I wouldn't pay $150 for it.

You failed colors too? My other bike was black. This one is silver.

Christ.

Let the rest of us know where we can get these free stands at... :rolleyes:

I didn't know you totaled it, sorry. Best of luck with the new one... :cool:

Let the rest of us know where we can get these free stands at... :rolleyes:

I didn't know you totaled it, sorry. Best of luck with the new one... :cool:

Know people. ;)

I wouldn't call it the "new one"... that was almost 3 years ago.