Finally over $4 a gallon....WTF!!!

smokin5s

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think that gas prices are only effecting your weekly fillup than you are being quite ignorant.

I'm not ingorant, I understand how it all works. And I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but this is just how it is for me: I don't live paycheck to paycheck. If between food and gas and whatever else it costs me $100 more a month, then I just change my budget for that. I still max out my 401K and live my life. I'm not happy about paying more for anything, but unless gas hits $10 a gallon, my lifestyle is not going to change much... :popcorn:

but unless gas hits $10 a gallon, my lifestyle is not going to change much...

If it goes up a dollar a year.. then we have 6 years left! Shits crazy :eek:

I can see it now..

Milk $12 a gallon

Gas $10 reg a gallon

Wendys potato $6

Yogurts that were $.38 cents now $3 each

lol

we're doooooomed

What's fucked up is everything is going up....Food, too. The cost of living goes up around 5 to 7% a year, yet these damn companies are giving us these bullshit 3% raises...This is the reason we stay in debt..

I remember thinking when I was young and listening to stories from my mom, and gas was .99 "man it must have been cool to get gas for .25". Now I know what my Daughter will think.

Same stations that were $4.01 for 93 yesterday afternoon, were 3.97 that evening. Sales must have dropped durring the day.....

we're working on it, but have you seen the housing market lately?

+1, We would love to move into a bigger home, we can afford to do that, but the thought of selling our house is a nightmere. The exact same house accross the street from us has been on the market for 2 years. The owners inherited a house in Fla and moved 2 years ago. It just sits there empty....

I'm not ingorant, I understand how it all works. And I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but this is just how it is for me: I don't live paycheck to paycheck. If between food and gas and whatever else it costs me $100 more a month, then I just change my budget for that. I still max out my 401K and live my life. I'm not happy about paying more for anything, but unless gas hits $10 a gallon, my lifestyle is not going to change much... :popcorn:

Unfortunately, you are in the minority in today's scioety... and honestly, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Remember that your bigger stations are going to change prices first and the smaller ones will follow in time. The prices change with the shipments. Usually they charge $.01-.03 above cost. The higher the volume of the gas station, the faster prices move. People think they do it to just do it, but it really follows their shipments. That's why they can tell you, "it's going up to $x.xx this afternoon" not because they want to, but because they have a new shipment coming in for a few cents less a gallon than that.

+1, We would love to move into a bigger home, we can afford to do that, but the thought of selling our house is a nightmere. The exact same house accross the street from us has been on the market for 2 years. The owners inherited a house in Fla and moved 2 years ago. It just sits there empty....

Same here. There is a "deal of the century" house in Westerville that I want badly, but... not paying 2 mortgages plus a bridge loan

Unfortunately, you are in the minority in today's scioety... and honestly, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I know I am. And I'm not trying to sound like an elitist prick, I do feel for you, it does suck to have to drive that far. I'm not making light of your situation, I just hear people complain about the high cost of gas and then I do the math and figure that it's not really effecting me that much. But for a lot of people, it might be... :(

I know I am. And I'm not trying to sound like an elitist prick, I do feel for you, it does suck to have to drive that far. I'm not making light of your situation, I just hear people complain about the high cost of gas and then I do the math and figure that it's not really effecting me that much. But for a lot of people, it might be... :(

Baller

meh raise it more, only quickens the need for different fuels. we are so dumb we would stay stuck on gas until the last drop dripped out of the ground then look around and ask what to do now. Personally I think the gov is doing the right thing now with letting gas prices increase

yet these damn companies are giving us these bullshit 3% raises...This is the reason we stay in debt..

The reason people stay in debt is because they are ALWAYS spending more than they make.....not too many people make more than they spend.

And 3% raises....you should find another company....a 3% raise at my company is a slap in the face......i know it varies from company to company, but this is the beauty of freedom...

In the big picture it doesn't affect me much either, but I am pissed about paying so much for it. Once the electric cars come out I'm on board and will say fuck the gas companies....but we'll just be getting fucked by someone else I'm sure.

I think the gov't will step in when they realize the public is spending less on other things that in the end will hurt the economy more than rising income from gas sales are helping them.

Overall, they should strive to have a happy thriving public vs an unhappy slow to no grow economy.

It doesn't, that's capitalism at it's finest. Uncle Sugar gets his cut, why would he intrude upon profit making in the United States? I agree, there should be a cap, but Europe has been paying out the ass for years.

Scott,

Is Europe really paying that much more? 8 bucks a gallon over there is like 5 euros per gallon. For all intents and purposes we are at 4.

I'm not sure this is a fair comparison. Just asking.

Europe does Know what the fuck a gallon is, they have the metric system, they buy gas by the litre. When I was in Paris in May 05 gas was 2.4x a litre, I had to fill a Peugeot.

Good point, but every comparison I've seen seems like they automatically convert to gallons for simplicity's sake.

Maybe I'm wrong? However, since 4 litres is approx 1 gallon, I don't think my comparison is too far off.