Where would you go in Ohio if you had one day

Buck531

The wife and I are thinking of just jumping in the car on Saturday and going somewhere for a day and coming back. I'd like to see some backyard Ohio stuff. I don't know. I watch Food TV's Diners, Drive Inn's, and Dives and I'd love to hit up a few places like that.

No Hocking hills.

Not staying overnight.

I know the Aumish is out there. Any other ideas? Maybe just a place to chill out for a day.

Someone told me the G&R closed, but if not

Head up to Waldo and eat at the G&R (mmm fried bologna) then hit up the Warren G Harding Memorial in Marion, then for dinner hit up the A&W Drive-in in Marion. Swing through the Rutherford B. Hayes memorial in Delaware on your way home. Or you could also eat at the Hamburger Inn

Swing through the Rutherford B. Hayes memorial in Delaware on your way home. Or you could also eat at the Hamburger Inn

LOL, the RBH memorial is a plaque in front of a BP station. Apparently they did not think enough of Hayes to preserve the house. You could go to the Aviation museum at Wright-Pat AFB or maybe the Corvette plant/tour.

amish country

Anywhere out where I live is Amish area but nothing interesting here really lol. Amish areas I've heard are interesting: Sugarcreek, Charm

Other suggestion: Mohican area- canoeing, go karts, castle restaurant (haven't been there, but friends says it's neat)

Oh and no sporting stuff. I'm not a fan of baseball, let alone the Reds. Neither is my wife. No race car stuff either. Something relaxing, yet not too boring (actually, boring would be fine).

Isn't there some scenic places in Ohio we could check out (other than hocking hills).

Aren't they all made at the Bowling green, KY plant? Maybe you are thinking of the wrong Bowling Green. :lol:

close enuf..right over the border isn't it?

Indian mounds..blue hole of vandalia..wild safari but don't drive the nice car cuz giraffes will drool into your window

I like roscoe village. They have a canal ride that is fun. But call to make sure everything is going to be open before going.

http://www.roscoevillage.com/

I also like going to Berlin, Oh (and surrounding area). They have a lot of amish communities, and lots of cheese shops. If you go early enough you can watch them make swiss and different kinds of cheese at some of the shops.

And I also like Malabar farm. They have tours and stuff. Plus its really close to Mohican state park.

http://www.malabarfarm.org/

We have also spent a day driving around to see all of the indian mounds. Like the Serpent Mound.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_Mound