Cheap pizza

DKilbourne

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Popa Johns, don't really care for Donato's pizza.

I am the same way.

In my mind, it is all shitty "fast-food" pizza. So, at least Papa Johns provides me with delicious garlic sauce and a jalapeno I can enjoy with my decent pizza. Donatos tastes like fake sauce, fake pepperonis, etc; aka tastes like shit.

My 0.02 :)

Theres one off of hall and norton, one in london/west jeff, roberts rd, hoover rd in GC,

Never eat the one in West Jeff's buffet though.

There are quite a few good pizza places out here in London.

Big Plain Pizza-Big Plain/circleville road, kinda hard to find, but if you do it's the best pizza ever

Ronettie's-awesome homemade chips and subs too

Phat Daddy's-buy one get one free subs on Tuesday i think. Order the Jason Duffey sub......it's the shit

Cappy's- Good pizza and price

This was suppost to only be a Cleveland area thing, but the local radio stations got wind of it and said it was Columbus area as well. The local Papa John's didn't even know about it till about 10 am yesterday, and they all pretty much open up at 11. Most of them had to close in the early afternoon because they ran out of dough. My wife and a friend went and waited an hour and finally left because they hadn't got there pizza and there were fights about to break out because people wanted to order more than one and were cutting the line.

But yeah, Papa John's pizza sucks. The only thing I like about them is the garlic sauce.

In my opinion, Papa John's is the best "chain" pizza place. They seem to use more dough for a thicker crust and I just love their parmesan breadsticks. They are big, doughy, and they put some of their garlic sauce over the top. :thumbup: However, I don't eat pizza often and when I do, my wife and kid like Flyers or Minuteman better, so we usually go there... :(

Minuteman is horrible. They attempt to feed us that shit at least 3 times a week at work because we have a contract with them. I hate that place

Trust me, I know. I don't much care for them or Flyers, but the wife and kid always make a face when I suggest Papa John's, so I normally lose out. They also like Donatos and I'm not a big fan of that either. I'd rather have the two that they hate, Pizza Hut and Papa John's, and I know it's because those tend to be thicker crusts. Where I grew up in New York, almost all mom and pop pizza joints were thick crust, so that's just what I grew up with. I miss it... :(

Guest mrhobbz
Never eat the one in West Jeff's buffet though.

There are quite a few good pizza places out here in London.

Big Plain Pizza-Big Plain/circleville road, kinda hard to find, but if you do it's the best pizza ever

Ronettie's-awesome homemade chips and subs too

Phat Daddy's-buy one get one free subs on Tuesday i think. Order the Jason Duffey sub......it's the shit

Cappy's- Good pizza and price

Theres a place right off of 33 called Papa Murfy's thats supposed to be pretty tasty too.

Am I the only one who considers his time worth more than the 10 bucks one would save by waiting in line for an hour for an effing pizza?

Is there anything more annoying than the poor?

FINALLY, someone that doesn't want to waste their precious time to save a whopping $10. Thank you sir, hope has not been lost.

:thumbup:

Totally agree. I'm a Donato's fan. Some may not like it, but that's cool, we do. They are the most consistent around IMO. I'm a bit biased though since our office helped them with their back of house design and structure :)

Am I the only one who considers his time worth more than the 10 bucks one would save by waiting in line for an hour for an effing pizza?

I said this exact thing when they put a Chipotle down here in Athens. Lines were wrapped 2 blocks ~ an hour wait. For what? 6$ FUCKING DOLLARS. I laughed at people that set to save $6 fucking dollars.