The new ZX10R is the ugliest sport bike ever built.

kenny

Stopped by Hinds on the way to the shooting range yesterday and saw a few in person. Holy crap, they look like they have downs.

http://images.sportrider.com/features/146_0711_04_z+custom_sportbikes+kawasaki_zx_10r.jpg

http://www.sportrider.com/features/146_0711_kawasaki_zx_10r_kawasaki_zx_14_ninja_250r/index.html

... and I thought the 07s were ugly as sin.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the ones a few years ago that were like, the size of a 600 and hot as fuck (for a Kaw.)? Those weren't too bad. IIRC, they kicked ass that year, but have seemed to have gone downhill since.

Edit* - upon further review of pictars from Google of ZX10r's from the past 5 years, none are what I would refer to as 'hot as fuck'. Disregard the previous comment.

What happened to the ones a few years ago that were like, the size of a 600 and hot as fuck (for a Kaw.)? Those weren't too bad. IIRC, they kicked ass that year, but have seemed to have gone downhill since.

Edit* - upon further review of pictars from Google of ZX10r's from the past 5 years, none are what I would refer to as 'hot as fuck'. Disregard the previous comment.

You thinking of the 03-05 636's

Likely the hottest and Fastest 600's even produced.

No Kawi would ever win for best looking 600.

IMO the 07-08 600RR wins out.

http://powersports.honda.com/images/model/c028_029_030_031_photos_all/motorcycles/2007/CBR600RR/LargeHoriz/CBR600RR_Pearl_White_Silver.jpg

If we're talking in race trim, probably the 06+ R6 (aside from the whole exploding tank thing).

It is very ugly and the latest magazine liter bike shootout it didn't do great in any category........yet they voted it first place. I don't get it, they rave about the engine yet is finished last in the roll-on, lowest mph at the dragstrip, and dyno'd like the Yamaha which the same writers said "if you like 600s, this is the bike for you". I think Kawasaki stole some Suzuki styling people during that time they were merged.

It is very ugly and the latest magazine liter bike shootout it didn't do great in any category........yet they voted it first place. I don't get it, they rave about the engine yet is finished last in the roll-on, lowest mph at the dragstrip, and dyno'd like the Yamaha which the same writers said "if you like 600s, this is the bike for you". I think Kawasaki stole some Suzuki styling people during that time they were merged.

this is because when kawi designed this bike they thought about the track first everything else was secondary to it. this is one of the most aerodynamic bikes ever produced which is prob why its so ugly lol

No. I'm not.

As for the 636's. Hottest? I'd argue that. Fastest? That's up for debate. Straight line? Possibly. Curves? Probably not.

Curves-its so tire and rider dependent, its not worth arguing.

Straight-I went 10.61@134 on a BONE STOCK one, find a 600 that would come close to that, and I'll say you have an argument.

Straight-I went 10.61@134 on a BONE STOCK one, find a 600 that would come close to that, and I'll say you have an argument.

i will have a track time for my stock 636 here shortly.

05 R6 went 9.9x@135 with a gear change. :o

this is because when kawi designed this bike they thought about the track first everything else was secondary to it. this is one of the most aerodynamic bikes ever produced which is prob why its so ugly lol

It just has a small frontal area.... ;)