Gas at 3.95

staywide8

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sunoco on Georgesville Rd sells 93 for the price of 89 on Wednesdays and 89 for the price of 86 on Sundays. Those are the 2 days I fill up. It's only a 10 cent savings per gallon, but every bit helps.

I was nailed for $3.91gal today too. Just have to make due and shift around some spend I suppose. Overall, it's about 4x what we used to spend about 8-10yrs ago as a family, but hopefully not going to hit $5gal soon. Who knows.

Wife used to spend $750/year on gas...now with similar mpg's she's at $2,500 :eek:

Back with my initial GTP's in 97 & 99 I can remember being pissed about $1.25gal for 92 octain. Now I'm at $3.91 but thankfull driving about 1/2 the miles.

Soon, we'll simply be bugeting $500mo for gas and calling it a day. It hurts, but I just make sure I don't spend even $.01 more at a gas station. No fast food, no gum, no beer, etc.....fuck it. Not a single cent more to support them.

The bummer is most all are franchised, and the brands are selling off corporate stores quite fast today. However, every penny I can cut from being funnelled to the evil Gas-Gods is good in my book. :finger:

I paid 3.88 on Saturday, other than buying 100 Octane that is the most I have paid so far. It was 55.xx to fill. I do drive less now though. I am staying home more, and eating out less, renting movies on my AppleTV.

+1 i cant believe how much im saving not eating out as much as i used too

+1 i cant believe how much im saving not eating out as much as i used too

Same here. I used to get breakfast every morning from McDonald's, more fastfood on my lunch break, and snacks at night. Now it's down to ham sandwiches and home-prepared meals. That goes from ~$80 a week to $10 in spending.

Same here. I used to get breakfast every morning from McDonald's, more fastfood on my lunch break, and snacks at night. Now it's down to ham sandwiches and home-prepared meals. That goes from ~$80 a week to $10 in spending.

i drink a monster in the morn and make it home for lunch most days if not i dont eat till dunner

It sucks. Years ago I would just drive around for fun when I was bored but I definitely can't afford to do that anymore. I'd go somewhere I hadn't been before and try to find my way back without a map. Good times.

PS, I think this is the 18th thread about gas in the past 3 weeks

How long would a half hour drive on the free way take on a horse????

Find a new job closer to home. You know, the freedom of traveling and working 20+ miles from home is a recent luxury in human history.