636 track run

Z06G

After hearing the argument on the kawa 636 i decided to run it and see what it could do. For the record i've only been riding for a year and this was the first time ever at the track on a bike.

2005 zx6-R

bone stock

Launching the bike at 4500 bogged pretty bad, 5500 was about best i could do on stock wheel base, and 6000 and above was nothing but headlight in the sky, but thats were i wanted to come out of the hole. Only got about 5 runs in, with my best on 10.9 at 126. With a couple more practice runs i should be able to get it around 10.70s, and very low 10s with a lowering link, straps, sprocket change.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/evogarrett/Picture1543.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t99/evogarrett/Picture902.jpg

My 600 always kept up with Garretts...it all depended on who got the hit. I agree in AMA racing the 636's did own most of the time...

Are races were soo much fun! If we had passangers they could honestly thumb wrestle as we raced eachother haha lmao.

wednesday nite if u want swing over im doing the lower link adjusting the front height.

how is it dragging a bike garret??

Awesome, also thanks for all the comments guys, i was just tired of waiting. We couldnt have gone at a worse time, marion had highschool nite yesterday and every fucking kid brought ma or pa's family sedan to race. I need to be slammed asap, at about the 5 runs i did get in 3 of them were just popin the front end :mad: up like a rubber band lol. So im sure ill enjoy next time being lowered and launching harder. :cool:

Are races were soo much fun! If we had passangers they could honestly thumb wrestle as we raced eachother haha lmao.

wednesday nite if u want swing over im doing the lower link adjusting the front height.

For sure it was always close! I'll swing over to ur crib Wednesday night and lend a hand bro. ;)

good stuff G... you should have called me... i would have came too... i got the 'tank' filled up this week... i need to change plugs again though...

We are probably going again next friday or tuesday at kk on two wheel tuesday, just call me.

FWIW: the 636 version was legal in WERA where I believe it did quite well. 600s there are legal to I believe 650cc and pretty much all the top bikes are running over 600cc so you can't call it a "cheater" bike there.

The '03/04 bikes were also seen competing very well in the 750 class (including AMA at the time). This is nothing new though as the R6 did very well in this class too.

Yes, the 636 wasn't legal in AMA racing so the 600RR took it's place on the track. The 636 was more or less a marketing thing for the street. :cool:

I meant the 600rr being faster than the 636. Only because the rr had a shorter stroke and reved quicker than the 636. I never believed this untill my instructors and other people at my tech college kept explaining this to me.