CR Gun Crew, noob with some questions...

Aaron

My grandpa passed away about 2 years ago giving my dad all of this guns. I picked up all of his handgun/pistols/revolvers about 2 months ago and cleaned/oiled them all up. I went shooting at the New albany shooting range this past weekend, and had alot of fun. He has a S&W 9mm 5906, Colt detective spec .38 special ctg, Ruger new model single six .22, Mauser something and a tiny berreta .25I am trying to get into guns and range shooting and was wondering what gun forums you guys are members of. I tried to look up the info on the Colt and Ruger but it was hard to sift through it all. Thanks alot. Aaron

There are a million forums out there, AR-15.com probably being the largest. The High Road is up there too. Beyond that, there are make/model specific forums out there for just about anything you can think up, if you look hard enough.

I was just wondering what good places to get general gun handling/shooting info from. I also was trying to find out more about the guns I have. They all seem to be decent guns, just wanted to find out more about them.

Thanks for the help so far, I will do some more research.

Keep the info coming.

I don't belong to any gun forums I just go buy something if I want it and then shoot the shit out of it. I went to cabela's in wheeling on saturday prices were kinda high but they had a shitload of guns :)

i ALMOST stopped there today on the way home from pittsburgh. really, all i wanted to see was the new M&P 45 compact, but i called first and found out they dont have any, so i didnt stop...ive been there 2-3x before. nice store

to the OP, im sure you could take them to somewhere like vances or aumillers (in westerville), and they could fill you in. i dont know if aumiller is open or not. i heard his son just put a .45 to his own head a couple weeks ago. i dont think i would be back to work that quick

For a basic idea of what you have and what it could be worth, there are value guides at the library. I can't recall the exact title of the one I have in mind, but check with the information desk, and they will be able to find it for you. DO NOT, repeat DO NOT, begin the conversation with, "I've got a whole bunch of guns...." though!"

If you’re looking for a church that supports God ..Guns and Gun sports and outdoors & CCW class, hunter safty class…….I know of a great one . http://www.marengochristian.org/index.htm .....There building a shooting range outback …..As for your single six …check out www.Sassnet.com ….:bangbang: .Cowboy Action Shooting is a blast …..if you wan't a place to setup some target or cans and just shoot send me a email ...shoot outback all the time

Happy Shooting :bangbang:

Thanks alot for the information guys. I will look into stuff. I actually went to the range again today with my fiance. It was a fun time.

Guy at the counter commented on my Colt .38 special detective spec. Said it was the nicest one he has seen, and that they dont make them any more.

We are looking for a range on the West side to become a member of. Any recommendations? We live by Tuttle Mall in The Orleans Appartments.

Thanks alot for the information guys. I will look into stuff. I actually went to the range again today with my fiance. It was a fun time.

Guy at the counter commented on my Colt .38 special detective spec. Said it was the nicest one he has seen, and that they dont make them any more.

We are looking for a range on the West side to become a member of. Any recommendations? We live by Tuttle Mall in The Orleans Appartments.

Go to blackwing, $175 a year for indoor membership. Free range time on teusdays and discount on ammo, and all purchases there.

http://www.blackwingsc.com/

I don't belong to any gun forums I just go buy something if I want it and then shoot the shit out of it. I went to cabela's in wheeling on saturday prices were kinda high but they had a shitload of guns :)

I've been told numerous times that prices here beat Cabela's, so stop out!

I will def check out blackwing.

new albany shooting range is 179+25 fee with free WEEKDAY shooting and deals/specials on ammo etc. I will have to weigh the time/gas prices of driving all the way out to new albany with other locations.

I will def check out blackwing.

new albany shooting range is 179+25 fee with free WEEKDAY shooting and deals/specials on ammo etc. I will have to weigh the time/gas prices of driving all the way out to new albany with other locations.

IMO, New Albany blows. Hands down Blackwing is the nicest range I've ever been to in my life. I think I've seen your ride off old state, so it'll be a lot closer to go to Blackwing.

greg - 2 things...

do you have a kahr PM9 there to rent that i can try out?

and let me know if/when you get the new M&P 45c in...smith's site says they just started shipping out on the 8th

Just saw this now.. Sorry for the delay.

Kahr -- Yes. We have them, I think right now all I have is a PM9.

I will let you know as soon as I see the Smiths.