Where can I get rid of computer equipment?

Buck531

I have a ton of shit lying in the basement here that I just keep collecting. I thought I saw a thread somewhere on here where I can just take boxes of shit and drop it off.

Of course i can just throw it out for the trash, but I don't think I can do that with monitors. I have anything from 72 pin simms to power cords, old ass motherboards, a few computer cases. just boxes of shit.

retro box i think its called over by the kahiki store on morrison. you gotta go down the "road" to a warehouse looking place...youll go past a pond. its toward the left end, closer to the road

i think thats what they do. take that stuff in and part it together and give them to people who cant afford a computer

retro box i think its called over by the kahiki store on morrison. you gotta go down the "road" to a warehouse looking place...youll go past a pond. its toward the left end, closer to the road

i think thats what they do. take that stuff in and part it together and give them to people who cant afford a computer

couldn't find it on yellow pages. Got another name or an address?

The nearest dumpster.

You can't do that with monitors. There is some thing inside the monitors that if they are busted into pieces lets off some vapor or some shit (I really can't remember but we had to do this back in the late 90's at my last job).

You can't do that with monitors. There is some thing inside the monitors that if they are busted into pieces lets off some vapor or some shit (I really can't remember but we had to do this back in the late 90's at my last job).

I was not talking about your own dumpster....

Who the fuck cares???? Just put the shit in a dumpster and be done w/ it.

Take to to the Dumpster behind Computer Success.

People are ALWAYS trash picking there..... if it works, it will most likely never see the truck....

:thumbup:

KillJoy

Retro-Box is now Intechra. http://www.intechra.com/html/Contact_Intechra_Locations.html

Not sure how they handle walk-ins..... They charge corporations to dispose of old hardware.

If you take the CRT's apart use a hammer and crack the last couple inches on the neck of the tube. There is a vacume inside the tubes that if not broke the way I said, could implode and cause major bodily damage when tossed into a dumpster. I've seen these things shot glass out of dumpsters over 100 yards before. When you crack it it will sound like air is escaping. That's the tube filling with air.

If anyone from the gun crew wants to come over and pick through it, go right a head. I have a few REALLY small hard drives (like 1 gb drives) and a few system boards and misc. cables and a few cases.

I should be around all weekend. Send me a pm.