Buy a car, get a free gun

cptn janks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7416120.stm

US car dealer in free gun offer

A car dealership in the United States is offering a free handgun with every vehicle sold.

Max Motors in Butler, Missouri, says sales have quadrupled since the start of the offer.

Customers can choose between a gun or a $250 (£125) gas card, but most so far have chosen the gun.

Owner Mark Muller said: "We're just damn glad to live in a free country where you can have a gun if you want to."

The dealership sells new and old vehicles, including General Motors and Ford cars and trucks, and its logo shows a cowboy holding a pistol.

It has sold more than 30 cars and trucks in the past three days, an increase which the owners put down to their promotional offer.

Inspiration from Obama

Mr Muller said that every buyer so far "except one guy from Canada and one old guy" chose the gun, rather than the gas card.

He recommends a Kel-Tec .380 pistol, which he describes as "a nice little handgun that fits in your pocket".

He added that the promotion was inspired by recent comments from one of the Democratic nominees for the presidential election, saying: "We did it because of Barack Obama.

"He said all those people in the Midwest, you've got to have compassion for them because they're clinging to their guns and their Bibles. I found that quite offensive. We all go to church on Sunday and we all carry guns."

The website advertisement for the offer, which continues until the end of the month, mentions that an approved background check on gun ownership is required.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything’s blue in this world.

He couldn’t believe how easy it was…..

He put the gun to his face…

Bang!

So much blood for such a tiny little hole….

Problems do have solutions you know?

A lifetime of fucking things up fixed.

In one determined flash.

Everything’s blue

Everything’s blue in this world

All fuzzy

Spilling out of my head….

-Trent Reznor

He said all those people in the Midwest, you've got to have compassion for them because they're clinging to their guns and their Bibles. I found that quite offensive. We all go to church on Sunday and we all carry guns."

lol "I'm offended that he said that we all do something that we all do!"

Damn proud to live in a country wher eyou can carry a gun, oblivious to the fact that other endemic American rights are being taken. Makes one think that you could do anything you wanted to these people, and as long as you let them keep their guns they would love you for it.

P.S. The gun can get yo allot more than $250 worth of gas. ;)

Guest 78novaman

I think the car dealer's problem was the word "cling" as used in Obama's remark. That infers a negative.

Barak is just a typical lying two faced lib. Claims he goes to church regularly and worships god to one group of people and then chastises that same group of folks when talking to some California or New England gathering!

I think the car dealer's problem was the word "cling" as used in Obama's remark. That infers a negative.

Grab one of those two things and try to take them away... what happens? "Cling" works. ;)

Barak is just a typical lying two faced lib. Claims he goes to church regularly and worships god to one group of people and then chastises that same group of folks when talking to some California or New England gathering!

Define "chastise" and explain how it pertains to that speech. (should make you look in a dictionary AND actually read his speech).

Guest 78novaman

Originally Posted by 78novaman

Barack is just a typical lying two faced lib. Claims he goes to church regularly and worships god to one group of people and then chastises that same group of folks when talking to some California or New England gathering!

Originally posted by The Jag Bloke

Grab one of those two things and try to take them away... what happens? "Cling" works.

Define "chastise" and explain how it pertains to that speech. (should make you look in a dictionary AND actually read his speech).

Nice attempt at playing grammar police. Next time you'd better close your mouth before you find your foot there.

chas·tise (chās-tīz', chās'tīz') Pronunciation Key

tr.v. chas·tised, chas·tis·ing, chas·tis·es

1. To punish, as by beating. See Synonyms at punish.

2. To criticize severely; rebuke.

3. Archaic To purify.

Definition #2 That's how I feel about Obama's speech. He was criticizing us poor mid-westerners and how we are barbaric, clinging to guns and bibles because we don't have jobs. Every time he is in the midwest he makes sure to mention how he goes to church, and then chastises those same individuals for clinging to their bibles; hence my two faced liar statement.

Obama symbolizes everything I despise about modern politicians. Say whatever is needed to get votes where you are. Stand for nothing, and never stick your neck out in support of anything. This is how we wind up with governors like George Voinovich, Bob Taft, and Ted Strickland and major players in state government sleeping around and then lying about it. Just look how lousy our state has become thanks to their lack of leadership them. Ohio: The New Michigan. Welcome to Cleveland & Youngstown, the new Detroit & Flint.

That is a bit off topic, however I think someone like Barack will do the same but with the ENTIRE COUNTRY. His stated opinions are further left than Carter's and I shudder at the thought of him as my president.

Your interpretation is off base, none of those apply in the context of the speach. At worst, he pittied you.

"Say whatever is needed to get votes where you are." You're thinking of Hillary. BO has said a great many unpopular things, knowingly and deliberately.

I'm assuming you voted for Bush twice? He embodies that position. Hell, to get in the door he even offered to pay voters; "Elect me and get a check from the IRS!" The only things hes claimed to "take a stand" on are also coincidentally the most popular core elements of the right wing in America.... with the exception of spending reckelessly.

I need to go get some bullets.

Every box just went up $8 at vance's,dicks,wal-mart and every other gunstore i have been to

O and props to the faggot who called the cops on me yesterday for shooting the .45 in my parents back yard :asshole: /rant

Every box just went up $8 at vance's,dicks,wal-mart and every other gunstore i have been to

O and props to the faggot who called the cops on me yesterday for shooting the .45 in my parents back yard :asshole: /rant

You deserve it if your parents live in polaris...

obama is a terrorist. and hillary is a cunt. there is really nothing else to be said. If either one makes it in to office we may as well all put our heads between our ass and kiss it goodbye.

Yeah and if McCain wins it will be another 4 years of Bush. Pick the lesser of both evils. It is what I do.

Grab one of those two things and try to take them away... what happens? "Cling" works. ;)

Rightly so wouldn't you agree? Bearing Arms is my/our Right. Read the Constitution lately? Voting for/supporting anyone who admittedly wants to ban nationwide CCW laws, instill another Assault Weapons ban, ban all hand guns etc is NOT American. Aren't you American? Obama has supported every last bit of legislation in Illinois to ban guns. What do you think he's going to do if he's in office? I don't care how much shit he blabbers from his mouth about how he "supports the 2A for hunters and sporters", the 2A is nothing to do with "hunting or sporting". Obama is NOT an American, he is NOT a supporter for what the U.S. stands for, and doesn't give a shit about what you and I think about him. He'll do what he has to do to get votes, just like every president who has taken office before him. Unfortunately, he hides his hands behind his back with his real intentions in order to woo the mindless sheep in America to follow his lead.

Clinton... fuck, I could type a Novel about that cunt.

McCain isn't a great choice for a leader either, but what can you do when all you're candidates aren't worth the paper they wipe their shit with?

The simple fact is this. Anyone set on ignoring the Constitution isn't American. The Constitution is more than just a piece of paper. Using that as an excuse to run their agenda is a bitch move. Agreeing with such makes one un-American as well.

Liberal, Conservative, Democrat, Republican, it doesn't matter, all sides suck ass. Quit watching the media and letting them shove their anti American views down your throat, cause you're only falling victim like the rest of the sheep, where if something is said loudly and often enough, it must be true... right?

Who wants to put money on an assassination attempt if a Democrat takes office?

There is nothing wrong with reasonable firearm laws. Completely banning all firearms is not American. But if I have learned anything from past elections is what a person says before they are elected is not always true.

Guest 78novaman

Jag bloke, not old enough to have voted for bush 2x. Also weapons bans have made it so the US citizens cannot defend themselves from the military. When this country was formed, or even up to WWI the government could have been overthrown in a heartbeat.

Free speech, fair trial, and guns are all a package. You can't have free speech or a fair trial without a way to defend yourself from those who want to take those rights from you. The Waco incident is an extreme example of this. The federal government attacked a compound with tanks and helicopters, and then charged those who gave up with possession of 0.50cal rifles and grenades without substantial evidence. (In fact it took the US Supreme Court to overrule the weapons charges) That is not a fair fight and has set a precedent that whomever disagrees with the government will have themselves disposed of. Weapons bans were put into place for just that very reason, so gov't can maintain control over the people. It was everyones buddy the Clinton administration that let military tanks maim and perhaps kill dozens of US CITIZENS.

Now we have the patriot act, what a name, that continues this tradition of government control.

On a sidebar I'm pissed about the rebate checks, and I'm really pissed about this farm bill that has 30 BILLION dollars going to farmers to sit on their ass while food prices are going up.

Also weapons bans have made it so the US citizens cannot defend themselves from the military.

Have you priced an assault weapon? Even if you were allowed to purchase weapons on-par with what the military uses, would you be able to? Granted "just having the right" makes us all warm and squishy inside, but it is strategically useless in "regime change" at home. If you want to overthrow the governemt, you're going to need the military on your side, because you have no hope of defeating them.

When this country was formed, or even up to WWI the government could have been overthrown in a heartbeat.

Talking about forcible overthrow? Been reading some Lenin, have we?

Vote for those who protect your rights. If no one represents your interests, shut up and run for office. That is your right.

Guest 78novaman

It is extremely insulting that you bring up Lenin. I'm no marxist and I cannot fathom how you think I am a leftest.

Rule #1 for any gov't to seize control of a body of people is to remove their guns and their ability to practice whatever religion, or to voice whatever opinion wanted. The founding fathers realized this and hence we got the bill of rights.

The whole idea was to make the gov't fearful of the people, and that the people could, at will, change or remove any imposing gov't. Back in the early days the people were the military. Most folks had a muzzle loading weapon, the equal to a military muzzle loading gun, or better if they had made themselves a rifled barrel, which the military didn't mass produce until 1855 if my memory severs me correctly. So yes, a state militia or two could easily put up a fight against any federal army.