Civic Si or Accord for DD ?

TTQ B4U

Between these two what are your thoughts?

Price/value

Fun

Nicely equipped

Style

Here's my quick take, but I want some input, especially if you've owned either.

Civic Si

Priced right...like $22k Max as I don't need Navi.

Nimble, has some style for a small car and quick.

Any mods worth putting on it? I thought I remember from teh TSX-S reads that there's a tune available?

Too ricey or kid-like? Not sure.

I have a slight stigma with me to go to a Civic I suppose, but am justifying it with such a short commute.

Accord EX-L 4cyl.

Huge inside, especially head-room...not that I'm tall, but still.....quiet and rides great. Decent power, I'm suburban driving only. EX-L in Mid $25k, with leather and heated seats/roof.

Little more refined for a guy like me with kids and all....even this is a step back in some repects as I've owned nicer, but again, value is a key factor here. The interior is pretty nice.

Either way, I'll end up with a Vette in the next couple years, so I'm waffling on what I am going to do in the mean time.

Thanks!

don't be so brief man :) believe me, I'm not busting at the seams either, but less now and more later....as in no car payment now and vette in a couple years is what I'm considering.

what are your thoughts on choices?

Neither

We're talking used cars here not new right?

Lots of other makes that don't hold their value nearly as well as Honda does that make a quality product that can be had for much less. If you're already doing less now for more later there are choices out there that can get you in a 1-2 yr old used sedan that's still got warranty and is more in the 10-15K range for a nice daily as opposed to spending 20-25K. that's 10K more towards the 'vette right off the bat.

no, I'd likely do brand new on either one of these. anything other than Toyota or Honda I'd likely buy used, but I sold my 03 Accord for such a great dollar at nearly 3yrs old and 32k on the ODO I still can't believe the resale they command. besides, given the costs, I can go brand new and not worry at all.

We're talking used cars here not new right?

Lots of other makes that don't hold their value nearly as well as Honda does that make a quality product that can be had for much less. If you're already doing less now for more later there are choices out there that can get you in a 1-2 yr old used sedan that's still got warranty and is more in the 10-15K range for a nice daily as opposed to spending 20-25K. that's 10K more towards the 'vette right off the bat.

you should look into the Altima 2.5SL also... I was looking at the Altima and the Accord EX-L and ended up going with the 2.5SL. Quick cars, better mileage than the Accord, and a little more "grown up" than the Civic.

I have the civic EX and i love it im 6'4" and a lil on the heavy side and i have no problem with the car at all its comfy,rides nice, the gas mileage is good for how i drive it, and its a honda it will hold its value and last forever..

My wifes mom has the accord and i dont see much difference besides it being a lil bigger and looking different on the outside

I think in 09 you can get the si in leather if thats an issue i saw a commercial for it

Question I would ask is how often would you all the kids around? since the accord will have more overall room it may be the better option. Personally for me I would get that CIvic its cheaper will get a little better mpg and I would rarely if ever that the kids in it.

I <3 my civic. I liked the styling better than the accord and it was cheaper. Space wise I don't think there is a difference. My biggest gripe about the civic is the suspension. If I take 4 normal sized people in my car the rear suspension is basically bottomed out. I can't imagine taking 5 people. I don't take people often at all so i live with it. I am not sure if this issue was 'addressed' since 2006.

If it was down to just those two, I'd pick the Civic. Though, if I were older, I'd pick the Accord. Seems more grown up to me, yet fun and stylish at the same time.

BTW, I saw your car at Lowe's. Quite nice. :thumbup:

Neither.

I'd buy a 1-2 year old CPO Audi A4. Sure, it is used vs. new, but will have a longer warranty than the new Honda. Nicer car inside/out (and I've been in the new Accord and Civic), and far more fun than either. Gets good fuel economy too.

As for taking premium...really, at $4/gallon, it makes very little difference. Normally .20 higher; at 15 gallons, that's a whopping $3.

Thanks!.....Andy would be mad as she's not been washed since his detail :o Was picking up paint samples today, then drove the Accord again.

If it was down to just those two, I'd pick the Civic. Though, if I were older, I'd pick the Accord. Seems more grown up to me, yet fun and stylish at the same time.

BTW, I saw your car at Lowe's. Quite nice. :thumbup:

The two kids are only in my car for 10 minutes a day. With the Mini-Van, there's never a need to use the car on weekends or trips.

Several comments about the Accord being less kid-like are what I was looking to confirm. My thoughts too. However, an Si does have a fun-factor the Accord doesn't. Even if it isn't fast but just quick.

Question I would ask is how often would you all the kids around? since the accord will have more overall room it may be the better option. Personally for me I would get that CIvic its cheaper will get a little better mpg and I would rarely if ever that the kids in it.

Neither.

I'd buy a 1-2 year old CPO Audi A4. Sure, it is used vs. new, but will have a longer warranty than the new Honda. Nicer car inside/out (and I've been in the new Accord and Civic), and far more fun than either. Gets good fuel economy too.

As for taking premium...really, at $4/gallon, it makes very little difference. Normally .20 higher; at 15 gallons, that's a whopping $3.

Joe, I just got a little teary eyed.:D