Wtf

04silvrz

Just the ticket? Police prepare six-week crackdown on bad driving

Saturday, May 31, 2008 9:02 PM

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

A six-week ticket-writing blitz awaits Columbus-area drivers beginning Monday.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol is teaming with area police agencies to crack down on traffic violations, such as speeding and impaired driving, that can cause crashes.

Prior-enforcement initiatives have reduced the number of fatal and injury crashes in urban areas, said Col. Richard Collins, patrol superintendent.

State troopers, including aircraft and motorcycle units, will join Columbus, Dublin and Gahanna police and the Franklin County sheriff's office in working roads to catch violators.

A similar effort last year in the Cincinnati area resulted in 6,223 tickets, 4,461 warnings and the arrest of 299 impaired drivers, the patrol said.

Twenty-five people have died in traffic crashes in Franklin County this year, eight fewer than in the same period a year ago. Eighty-one motorists died in crashes in the county last year.

— Randy Ludlow

rludlow@dispatch.com

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/05/31/tickets.html?type=rss&cat=&sid=101

I am not suprised either.... but how many people do you think are going to "slow down" and not drive like idots.... People on this board that normaly speed and drive like idots are going to slow down for a week or two maybe then back to their normal habbits.... Then I think we will see them on here asking for who is a good lawyer and "how can I get out of this ticket" and a surge in "cops are dicks" threads poping up.

Usually the beginning of ticket-writing season is Memorial Day, what with all the boozehounds out and about on their day off. This seems a little late. Still, I'm kinda pissed off that the 2 weeks I'll actually be home (and with the whole family's house and cars to myself no less) they're pulling this shit.

Or you can not drive under the influence or speed and you won't have to worry about being a statistic.

dont drink and drive, sip and steer.

dont race, just get to your final destination before the car next to you