My wife Bought me an I-pod for christmas....

cmoosego

Well, I'm finally catching up to the new century... With an I-pod Nano... I was kinda wondering what kinds of "accessories" I should be looking for to make it super usable for work and riding. Just throwing it out there for all you tech geeks that are "light years" ahead of me in the mp-3 department....Thanks for all the advise in advance...:dj:

get a pair of "Skull Candy" ear phones. Less than $20 at target or best buy. They are the best by far for the money. They also make one that has a piece that slips over your ear so it doesn't move from your ear canal. Which is great for helmet use. Also target has a car charger for $10. Did you put iTunes on your pc yet?

get a pair of "Skull Candy" ear phones. Less than $20 at target or best buy. They are the best by far for the money. They also make one that has a piece that slips over your ear so it doesn't move from your ear canal. Which is great for helmet use. Also target has a car charger for $10. Did you put iTunes on your pc yet?

yeah got the I-tunes, converted over 1000 songs that I had in windows media player from cd's and loaded 700 of them on the i-pod already.... and it's only a 1/4 of the way full.... freakin awesome... 2 solid days of songs and no repeats....

I'd prolly get a nice case too...I know the touchs and other ipods scratch easily and can break if dropped too hard-my old 30G vid :(

really i have dropped my my 30g about 20 times now and first time was on a solid sheet of ice out of a second story window and nothin, it worked fine. i have had it for like 3 years now and the only thing that is wrong with it is that part of the screen doesnt work.... the thing is a freak of nature i guess.

but yeah there is nothing i would really buy for a new nano, the headphone could use some upgrading and even then the headphones they come with create some good sound they are just uncomfortable in the helmet, i would suggest a nicer set of earbuds the nicer kind with the flexible ear tips.

Edited by e-flores

For the nano I personally wouldn't get a cover for it. Why get something so small then effectively double its size with a cover?

i have seen some screen covers i would get. and as far as the covers it would depend on what you want to do with it, i cant use a cover or it wont fit in my car dock

really i have dropped my my 30g about 20 times now and first time was on a solid sheet of ice out of a second story window and nothin, it worked fine. i have had it for like 3 years now and the only thing that is wrong with it is that part of the screen doesnt work.... the thing is a freak of nature i guess.

but yeah there is nothing i would really buy for a new nano, the headphone could use some upgrading and even then the headphones they come with create some good sound they are just uncomfortable in the helmet, i would suggest a nicer set of earbuds the nicer kind with the flexible ear tips.

damn ur lucky! I dropped mine maybe 10 times and it broke the last time :( 3600 songs gone

Get some good noise-cancelling headphones and you're good to go. I wouldn't recomend anything made by Skullcandy - they're pretty shitty. A quick search for reviews online brings up a swath of bad reviews spanning their entire product line.

I just bought a set of Razer Moray's; they should be here Tuesday; I'll let ya know how they work out. I've been using Razer products (keyboard and mouse) for a while now and love em, so I figure I'd give their headphones a shot. They're 40$ MSRP but you can get them from Amazon for about 33$ shipped.

damn ur lucky! I dropped mine maybe 10 times and it broke the last time :( 3600 songs gone

Did you try dropping it again? Mine quit working and when I finally got it to turn on all my songs were gone....so I bounced it off the floor into my coffee table. After that, it started working again and all my songs and files were back. :badgerrock:

Get some good noise-cancelling headphones and you're good to go. I wouldn't recomend anything made by Skullcandy - they're pretty shitty. A quick search for reviews online brings up a swath of bad reviews spanning their entire product line.

I just bought a set of Razer Moray's; they should be here Tuesday; I'll let ya know how they work out. I've been using Razer products (keyboard and mouse) for a while now and love em, so I figure I'd give their headphones a shot. They're 40$ MSRP but you can get them from Amazon for about 33$ shipped.

No skull candy is not shifty. What did you have the first pair? They are really good for the money.

Oh I forgot. Your that dude that likes vista. Carry on. :D

No skull candy is not shifty. What did you have the first pair? They are really good for the money.

Oh I forgot. Your that dude that likes vista. Carry on. :D

Damn straight I'm the dude that likes vista :cool:

Skullcandy is fantastic if you like muddled mids and a terrible bass. If you can get a pair for 20$ and they last for a while, then that isn't so bad if you're not worried about sound quality. If sound quality is of any importance though, spring for something a little higher quality.

hell 40 bucks isn't much if they have good quality sound.... I went to the apple store today (mistake #1) they were wall to wall people... did look at a kit to allow the I-pod to play thru my stereo in the van while at work... ranged in price between 50 and 100 bucks... anyone have any luck with any of these kits??

hell 40 bucks isn't much if they have good quality sound.... I went to the apple store today (mistake #1) they were wall to wall people... did look at a kit to allow the I-pod to play thru my stereo in the van while at work... ranged in price between 50 and 100 bucks... anyone have any luck with any of these kits??

It depends on what kind of equipment your van has. Does it have a tape deck? You can get a casette adapter for like, 12 bucks at Radioshack. If it has a newer stereo with a line-in (some head units have the plug in the back inside the dash - requires a bit more work), it's even cheaper and all you need is a male-male stereo plug.

It depends on what kind of equipment your van has. Does it have a tape deck? You can get a casette adapter for like, 12 bucks at Radioshack. If it has a newer stereo with a line-in (some head units have the plug in the back inside the dash - requires a bit more work), it's even cheaper and all you need is a male-male stereo plug.

nah it is a basic stereo no plug-ins, so the only way to do it is thru broadcasting it thru..:dj:

nah it is a basic stereo no plug-ins, so the only way to do it is thru broadcasting it thru..:dj:

Bummer. I've got an FM transmitter I bought a while back but I avoid using it at all costs; devours AAA batteries and has a really weak signal. I know there are better ones out there but I have no experience with em, sorry.

Damn straight I'm the dude that likes vista :cool:

Skullcandy is fantastic if you like muddled mids and a terrible bass. If you can get a pair for 20$ and they last for a while, then that isn't so bad if you're not worried about sound quality. If sound quality is of any importance though, spring for something a little higher quality.

True. though i really only wear buds while mowing grass and riding. So i dont try to pick out individual synths while doing those activities. and if i rip out a wire i dont care that much. but i actually think the mids and bass are good. not like my dudes BOSE princess leia muffs. I really only listen to house music. so whatever makes your Foghat sound better and makes you happy is good to go with me.

As far as cases go. they have some thin silicone or pleather ones that are not too thick. they will absord some of the impact and keep your shit from getting scuffed. Take a trip to the Apple store @ Easton. they have racks full of gear for your pod.

The inline is the way to go. the cassette is pretty good to.

If you need a cassette. let me know i have a few laying around.

You lose alot of quality with the FM units.

Hate to jump in the middle of the headphone argument, but I've tried many and spend a ton of cash on shit that didn't work.

I now use these and they block a lot of noise, so high volume on the iPod isn;t needed like it is on skull candy:

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx They can be had for around $100-150.

They fit in my ears without pulling out when I put on my tight helmet, sound perfect and block a lot of noise. I can hear perfect at 90+ mph - even with a lot of wind noise. Couldn't be happier with them

I've tried Skull Candy and others. Even had some custom molded earphones made for $350 the Etymotics kick all of their asses.

Edited by Earache

Oh yeah, as far as the case goes, I made some out of billet aluminum that came out really nice - indestructable. Sure, they weigh a ton and look kinda weird. I'll find apic and post it sometime.

Stole the idea from here: http://www.proarmor.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=865

Edited by Earache