WTF's with the weather coverage

TTQ B4U

So the main stations covered like 3hrs worth of storm tracking BS for the folks way south of Cbus and now that I'm ready to go to bed, I can hear the cracks of thunder and the arcs of lightening and not a freaking thing on the main stations covering this shit.

WTF!!! If there's a twister, PM so I can wake up. I'll have my volume on the PC Cranked. :)

2 funnel clouds were spotted within 5 miles of my Mom's house in Morrow (by Kings Island) and I can't get in touch with her! I am flipping out up here.

That's where I live. It was an ugly storm last night, but the really nasty super cell that was headed directly for Morrow/Maineville pretty well broke up and was absorbed into a larger storm North of us just before it got to us. I watched all of the storm coverage last night, and now know more about hook echoes and super cells than I ever thought that I cared to.

IMO ABC did the very best. Great graphics, coordinated updates well and very well done overall. NBC4 folks are flat out geeks. horrible graphics and way, way too technical. Fox IMO was just not good. Looked to me like they were new to providing this type of coverage.

Dude from like 8:15 to 11p Fox covered it....ABC, too.

Little known fact: what the broadcast channels show is delayed by 6 minutes. No idea why, but there you go.

I would assume it's partly to make sure the censors can go through live programming just in case something happens. Also could be to help out the closed caption writers for live tv maybe?

Wasnt there a tornado last friday in dublin somewhere? Near the tourny? I heard the siren's but was in the middle of sexing the woman and figured "well if there was ever a way to go out, now would be the opportune time" :)

This is the only thread you could tie "sexing the woman" into? :D

We get it, you're not gay, Congrats! :D

The meteorologists in this city work very hard to make sure you're not in any danger of orbiting rock masses crashing through our atmosphere and causing destruction of cataclysmic proportion. You better apologize to them right now. Oh, and bruce willis too.