Rear end on 1st Gen Camaro

1BAD69Z

Ok the back drivers side tire amazingly started rubbing the fender. I have checked the 10bolt and everything is fine the clips and everything no problems. Hell the whole rear end is stamped everywhere January of 69 on it, even the 2:73 gear. Everything is stock from factory. I have put new springs, shocks and monoleafs on it and nothing. The only other thing I can think of is the offset on the wheels, but hell I even think those are probably stock as well. I give up anyone else have any ideas? I should have all the clearance in the world there is so much room back there and im only running shitty super sport tires. Input Please! :confused:

Its rubbing one side. Its rubs where that lip is at the bottom of the fender, the lip thats angled toward the tire.

put a 5/16" wheel spacer on that wheel. sounds like your backspace is wrong for the car. mine did the same thing on the passenger side and thats what i had to do before i got the right wheels.

Do those have a Lateral rod in the rear connecting the rear end to the chassis? I would check to make sure the bushing isn't falling apart or anything. You said you also put new springs and stuff on the car, are they aftermarket lowering springs? This could cause the alignment in the rear to be a off a bit with a stock lateral rod.

Just some suggestions.

Do those have a Lateral rod in the rear connecting the rear end to the chassis? I would check to make sure the bushing isn't falling apart or anything. You said you also put new springs and stuff on the car, are they aftermarket lowering springs? This could cause the alignment in the rear to be a off a bit with a stock lateral rod.

Just some suggestions.

no panhard bar. leaf spring cars don't need them.

edit: it was common for the rear axle to be offset in a 1st gen.

no panhard bar. leaf spring cars don't need them.

edit: it was common for the rear axle to be offset in a 1st gen.

Ahh, didn't think they were leaf spring.. even though he says in his post ahhaha.