Pool Question

Drewhop

Think i am going to buy a pool for the backyard. Dont need anything fancy (nor do i have the room for it) But i have a strange question on a small pool such as

http://www.qualityinflatables.com/easyset10foot.html

What kind of base could i use to put the pool on a concrete patio. would a regular tarp work to protect it from ripping. Could i use some leftover carpet to protect it. Or should i just accept that i might have a lil dead grass and put it on the lawn.

Any hints suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks Andy

When we had a pool when i was a kid we took up all the sod where the pool was going to go,filled the area with sand so it was level and soft and never had a problem with it. When we took the pool down we just filled the hole with some fill dirt from a construction site and re planted the grass

Thats what i would do, Just my .02 though :)

why not spend a little more and get at least a 4 foot pewl instead of 30 inches? A 2 1/2 foot pewl hardly seems worth the trouble IMO. if you're going that small, just get a hot tub and call it a day.

The 2.5 foot pool is essentially cause we have a 4 year old. I dont want something to deep until he becomes a stronger swimmer. With this pool its enough to lounge around and cool off in the evenings.

Essentially the space i have to work with behind my house is 13' Wide and about 80 feet long. So i am kinda limited on what i can work with dimension wise. My house sits on side of a hill so front yard is basically 45 degrees so i dont wanna try it out there.

Also think in a 3 foot deep pool you can drink with little fear of drowning......

The best use for a 3ft pool in this situation is:

1. Dig hole 3 feet deep

2. Insert tarp

3. Fill with water 3/4 way

4. Fill with ice

5. Insert beer

6. Enjoy giant cooler you can later swim in

:cool:

The best use for a 3ft pool in this situation is:

1. Dig hole 3 feet deep

2. Insert tarp

3. Fill with water 3/4 way

4. Fill with ice

5. Insert beer

6. Enjoy giant cooler you can later swim in

:cool:

Innovation people.

That's it, I'm getting a pewl! it's too damn hot outside!

Yeah filled the pool today and the fuckin water is about 60 degrees and you may think that sounds good until your jiblets go numb after about 10 minutes