Pinks live streaming video from Norwalk

2highpsi

Who does that white DSM belong too? That thing is pretty damn fast.

The white DSM is Kiggly's FWD DSM. It has gone high 8s so far in the upper 150s trying to learn a new setup. It will likely go a few 10th's quicker this year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked for you a couple times Anthony. You car looked great.

There was a lot of dead time but it really was a great show. I would definatly go again!

The funiest part of the whole weekend was when we were stuck in the parking lot waiting to leave. There was a field with grass about 4-5 foot tall. People would go out to piss in the field. Trouble was there was a swamp and some deep trenchs. We watched one drunk after another like dominios go out bouncing through the grass and then disapear. Only to popup later and come out of the grass soaking wet. We laughed until we cried. I had a headache from lauging. The parking lot was a joke it took over an hour to get out of it.

Guest GMoney
I could not believe how many people were jumping the start. They wouldn't even wait till Rich's hands were up and they were gone. It was over 30 cars.

I could not believe how many people were jumping the start. They wouldn't even wait till Rich's hands were up and they were gone. It was over 30 cars.

Lots of pressure. I think some of them forgot to set their transbrake and suddenly found themselves moving when they tried to preload.

The jet cars were crazy. It was like someone shooting guns right next to me, and that's just during staging. At launch it was like someone setting off a couple bombs.

The Top Fuel dragster was unbelieveable.. Literally, I've never felt anything like it. When it launched, I couldn't focus on anything because my eyeballs were vibrating in their sockets. How that much energy doesn't turn the engine and the rest of the car into sharpnel and kill the spectators, I have no idea. 8000 f'n horsepower!

I have a newfound respect for those drivers... ...and people in the military who have withstood an artillery barrage, because that's the only thing I can think of that might compare.

Something just happened, something big. They said "we have never experienced something like this in the history of Pinks"

They announcer said he cant announce it yet.

Edit: 32 cars instead of 16 for the All Out round, thats pretty awesome. They said they had 32 cars within a 10th of a second.

That was funny when they finally announced it I laughed.That was the exact same format they did at Milan last year and even had one of the same cars running pretty sure his name was bobby sisco and he is from somewhere east of columbus.I did not make it again the track sucked Friday and best pas I could get was an 11.06 with the turbo fairmont yesterday.

Well there was no way I was running with the 9 and 10 second cars. But I did nail the arm drop. ...and a friend captured it from the live cam. So I at least have this picture and a free t-shirt. LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/spieldawg/motz.jpg

Man, I was hooking like a mofo. Each pass I ran was better than the previous. I ended up dropping my personal best et from 12.80 to 12.77, 12.66 then finally 12.62 with 1.70 60' @ 108 mph on 17" DR's. That was like 95* on friday too. I am now officially a redneck. Once the registration ordeal was over, it seemed much better organized.

A close friend of mine made the cut of 32 cars. He went the first round and had all the cameras and such put in the car for the final 16 cars. First round the car stalled in the bleach box and by the time he got it started he had no time for a decent burnout. Of course he spun when the turbos started coming in and lost by a fender.

By the way, my friend was in the brown Malibu wagon with the blow-thru TT big block Chevy. He was leaving on the footbrake at practically an idle, the car was only 60 footing 1.6 and it still went 10.0's. Haha. All homebuilt in Grove Tucky, OH.

It's a new combo with very few passes on it. Pretty cool that he made the show anyhow.

Rich is a total toolshed. I watched the Bristol All Out taping last year. He walks around slapping his biceps as if he is in the Olympics as a powerlifter. Total douchebag. The show would be great if they did away with him and used the christmas tree instead of a midget with biceps.

I love that Rich talks like he has any idea about cars or street racing. The guy is the definition of that guy.

Yeah. Howevefr, he did come up with Pinks, Pinks All-Out, All outtakes, Passtime, Drag Race high, and a couple others I don't remember. For someone who doesn't know cars, he does come up with some good ideas for car shows.