Used car values older than 1989

6 Speed S4

I saw one of these on Craigslist not long ago, supposedly it was built to compete with the E30 M3 right??

Yes they were. They are awsome car's to drive, Mercedes built them to race. Cosworth did the cylinder head but much more was done to the car/engine as well.

http://www.mercedesshop.com is a good forum, as the bulk of their membership is a bunch of old MB techs and MB nuts. Register if your serious, do a search on "190 16v" and I'm sure you will get a REAL WORLD estimation of value.

Even if it was mint condition (no rust, primarily) I couldn't see spending more than $4k-5k for it. $3500 would probably be a fair offer.

+1

If it's at Auto Assets it's his old car. (At least I think they had it for sale again) Be sure to check the floor pan for rust.

Odds are it is, not too many of them floating around. I *think* the floor was fixed when they welded in the roll bar....as was the rear diff that was an issue as well.

Andy