$71,000 Evo...

SPLN SUX

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah first off like nitrous said, that wing is heinous. second, for $71k you better be getting a warranty (haha NOT ON THIS FUCKER), unlimited roadside assistance, matching luggage for the trunk, or at least a sweet interior/sound system. not a fucking econobox that still gives you all the joys of horrible road noise.

yeah first off like nitrous said, that wing is heinous. second, for $71k you better be getting a warranty (haha NOT ON THIS FUCKER), unlimited roadside assistance, matching luggage for the trunk, or at least a sweet interior/sound system. not a fucking econobox that still gives you all the joys of horrible road noise.

an evo an econobox lol you're fucking crazy. But yes 71k for that thing is fucking stupid.

in all a bone stock evo can out perform 60% of this board in 1/4 mile and then drag 90% of the cars in the turns. a car with 550cc injectors, stock fmic and 16g turbo and steel shift forks stock, a viscus center diff and stitch welded body is far from a econbox.

I love the look of it. Wheels are nice. However, outside performance/handling, the car is an econobox. I'd own one, but not that one at that price.

in all a bone stock evo can out perform 60% of this board in 1/4 mile and then drag 90% of the cars in the turns. a car with 550cc injectors, stock fmic and 16g turbo and steel shift forks stock, a viscus center diff and stitch welded body is far from a econbox.

what makes the evo an ecnobox? its loud inside because its a bread race car, anyone that buys one does not buy it for a comfort car, even the glass in every window is made for weightsavings, the car has no sound deadning, The rs has no Ac or radio the car prolly uses fuel as of bigger motor like v8. name another econ car that is able to be rally ready from the factory. The evo has a huge history behind it, its not a econ car by any means. The car is made to be a ralley car, not an econ car.

what makes the evo an ecnobox? its loud inside because its a bread race car, anyone that buys one does not buy it for a comfort car, even the glass in every window is made for weightsavings, the car has no sound deadning, The rs has no Ac or radio the car prolly uses fuel as of bigger motor like v8. name another econ car that is able to be rally ready from the factory. The evo has a huge history behind it, its not a econ car by any means. The car is made to be a ralley car, not an econ car.

Coming from the other manufacturer, my Sti held my wife, daughter in carseat, her stroller that the car seat clips into, our luggage for the weekend to Cleveland. Yep, it's tiny, better keep buying Suvs for that roominess.

There are so many ways to prove you're wrong I don't know where to start. I'll just go for the easy one: How many people making seven figures a year do you know that drive an Evo MR. Now, how many do you know driving BMWs, Benzes, and Audis? Okay, now that the easy stuff is out of the way, lets go for the car itself. Turbocharged 4cyl AWD, interesting, notice how luxury cars tend to go for throatier, generally naturally aspirated engines. The 335i is the only FI BMW we've seen in years, and Audi's S line of cars has drifted away from turbos towards NA V8s. For some reason Mercedes has started to turn towards FI but I challenge you to find me a Benz whose road noise is annoying.

My point is that you can get comparable performance to an Evo in other cars that incorporate luxury into their design. Whereas Mitsubishi has to sacrifice things like AC and stereos in their RS to make it faster, less 'ECONOMICAL' cars like BMW, Porsche, etc, are able to offer more or equal performance with all the amenities such as power leather seats, stereos, AC, by just engineering their cars with a shitload more horsepower, torque, and more advanced suspension components that allow for the car to be stiff when driving aggressively or softer when cruising.

When did I ever state the evo as a luxury car?? And who on this site even makes 7 figures? maybe a small handfull??/ I never one time said that is was luxury . plus all the cars you listed where already compared to the evo on road and track magazine, the cars that played and tested porsche 911, audi s4 , bmw m3, Porsche Carrera 4S. I do not care if you say its an econo box the car is out right nasty with the same skidpad as a 911 which is also 42k more then the evo, every car listed on the performance is 35%-65% more then the evo. The s4 .88 on the skidpad a fucking honda accord is better then that, car is a fucking heavy car made for driving to work.

this is all copy and pasted just from the reviews on looked up

That was before the EVO VIII and the Subaru WRX STi went on sale here.

After the EVO narrowly edged out the STi in the July issue and became the official king of Japanese performance in America, we still weren't certain if the Mitsu could take on the icons of big-buck German performance. Is the EVO able to out-handle a BMW M3? Can it outbrake an Audi S4? Is it faster than the mighty Porsche Carrera 4S?

Sit tight, we're about to tell you.

Handling and braking

The EVO's handling numbers also suffered in the heat, but it still held its own. Through the slalom, it was easily the fastest of the group, posting a 72.3-mph pass to the Porsche's 69.2 mph run. The M3 was right on the 911's heels at 69.0 mph while the Audi split the cones at 68.0 mph.

Around the skidpad, the 911 eked into the lead at .94g to the EVO's .93g. The M3 circled at .91g while the S4 managed only .88g.

Braking was also very close with all four cars stopping from 60 mph within 8 feet of each other. The M3 stopped shortest at 110 feet, followed by the 911 (112 ft.), the EVO (113 ft.) and the S4 (118 ft.).

EVO $34,000 13.1 sec. @ 105.9 mph 2.1 sec. 1.7 sec. 4.7 sec. 6.4 sec. 14.4 sec. 2.1 sec. 2.6 sec.

BMW M3 $47,195 13.6 sec. @104 mph 2.5 sec. 2.3 sec. 5.4 sec 5.2 sec. 12.6 sec. 1.9 sec. 2.7 sec.

Porsche 911 C4S $81,800 13.6 sec. @ 103.4 mph 2.5 sec. 2.2 sec. 5.5 sec. 5.5 sec. 12.4 sec. 2.2 sec. 2.5 sec.

Audi S4 $45,650 13.8 sec @ 100.6 mph 2.3 sec. 1.9 sec. 5.6 sec 5.8 sec. 14.2 sec. 2.4 sec. 3.0 sec.

even hard fact the evo performed with the cars you listed and even dominated some of them e listed, How can an econbox have a .93 skid pad that is fucking amazing. the porsche and m3 ran 13.6 to the evo 13.4 the evo even tied in stopping distance. The cars you listed might have more hp but are fucking pigs in weight 3800 lbs lol and you said "advanced suspension comp" the evo is awd with a multi link rear suspension whats not advanced about that I mean the evo has not been tearing up the wrc up for nothing. And you can get the evo with leather recaro's, and nice cd player and sub box in the rear from the factory, look at vwjeff car on here and its running 10's on pump gas. The Rs is just a poor mans evo which is still great imop.

Sure all german cars are great the m3 and 911 but some of us are not rich like you and can drive these cars.

There are plenty of guys making 7 figures driving evo's check out evo.net even some of the guys in the ufc are driving evo's lol even if I made a million bucks a year I would still have an evo.

THE ONLY THING I STATED IS HOW IS THE EVO AN ECONOBOX? WHEN EVERYTHING IS PERFORMANCE MINDED! AND I NEVER ONE TIME COMPARED ANY CAR TO THIS 71K EVO THAT IS LISTED.

econobox car's are made for one thing getting to A to B without style and performance, The evo is everything but that.

Or are german cars that shitty to be outperformed by a stock econbox? I never one time said anything about leather, how quiet, how nice of speakers, I was just stating the performance facts.

I think what he's trying to say is that in comparison of dollar vs dollar, the Evo gives you great performance and handling. Even if is bred from creation as a street version of a rally car, it's still pretty bare bones elsewhere for the coin they seem to go for new.

Nothing wrong with that as there's an ass for ever seat regardless of make, model or cost. Just IMO, there are better trade offs and values to be had for similar coin. If I was dead set on one, I'd much rather buy a used one and take the savings to an after-market group and come back with way more bang for the buck than what these things sell for new. In the end, it would still only be getting me more performance, but not much else.

When did I ever state the evo as a luxury car?? And who on this site even makes 7 figures? maybe a small handfull??/ I never one time said that is was luxury . plus all the cars you listed where already compared to the evo on road and track magazine, the cars that played and tested porsche 911, audi s4 , bmw m3, Porsche Carrera 4S. I do not care if you say its an econo box the car is out right nasty with the same skidpad as a 911 which is also 42k more then the evo, every car listed on the performance is 35%-65% more then the evo. The s4 .88 on the skidpad a fucking honda accord is better then that, car is a fucking heavy car made for driving to work.

this is all copy and pasted just from the reviews on looked up

That was before the EVO VIII and the Subaru WRX STi went on sale here.

After the EVO narrowly edged out the STi in the July issue and became the official king of Japanese performance in America, we still weren't certain if the Mitsu could take on the icons of big-buck German performance. Is the EVO able to out-handle a BMW M3? Can it outbrake an Audi S4? Is it faster than the mighty Porsche Carrera 4S?

Sit tight, we're about to tell you.

Handling and braking

The EVO's handling numbers also suffered in the heat, but it still held its own. Through the slalom, it was easily the fastest of the group, posting a 72.3-mph pass to the Porsche's 69.2 mph run. The M3 was right on the 911's heels at 69.0 mph while the Audi split the cones at 68.0 mph.

Around the skidpad, the 911 eked into the lead at .94g to the EVO's .93g. The M3 circled at .91g while the S4 managed only .88g.

Braking was also very close with all four cars stopping from 60 mph within 8 feet of each other. The M3 stopped shortest at 110 feet, followed by the 911 (112 ft.), the EVO (113 ft.) and the S4 (118 ft.).

EVO $34,000 13.1 sec. @ 105.9 mph 2.1 sec. 1.7 sec. 4.7 sec. 6.4 sec. 14.4 sec. 2.1 sec. 2.6 sec.

BMW M3 $47,195 13.6 sec. @104 mph 2.5 sec. 2.3 sec. 5.4 sec 5.2 sec. 12.6 sec. 1.9 sec. 2.7 sec.

Porsche 911 C4S $81,800 13.6 sec. @ 103.4 mph 2.5 sec. 2.2 sec. 5.5 sec. 5.5 sec. 12.4 sec. 2.2 sec. 2.5 sec.

Audi S4 $45,650 13.8 sec @ 100.6 mph 2.3 sec. 1.9 sec. 5.6 sec 5.8 sec. 14.2 sec. 2.4 sec. 3.0 sec.

even hard fact the evo performed with the cars you listed and even dominated some of them e listed, How can an econbox have a .93 skid pad that is fucking amazing. the porsche and m3 ran 13.6 to the evo 13.4 the evo even tied in stopping distance. The cars you listed might have more hp but are fucking pigs in weight 3800 lbs lol and you said "advanced suspension comp" the evo is awd with a multi link rear suspension whats not advanced about that I mean the evo has not been tearing up the wrc up for nothing. And you can get the evo with leather recaro's, and nice cd player and sub box in the rear from the factory, look at vwjeff car on here and its running 10's on pump gas. The Rs is just a poor mans evo which is still great imop.

Sure all german cars are great the m3 and 911 but some of us are not rich like you and can drive these cars.

There are plenty of guys making 7 figures driving evo's check out evo.net even some of the guys in the ufc are driving evo's lol even if I made a million bucks a year I would still have an evo.

THE ONLY THING I STATED IS HOW IS THE EVO AN ECONOBOX? WHEN EVERYTHING IS PERFORMANCE MINDED! AND I NEVER ONE TIME COMPARED ANY CAR TO THIS 71K EVO THAT IS LISTED.

econobox car's are made for one thing getting to A to B without style and performance, The evo is everything but that.

Or are german cars that shitty to be outperformed by a stock econbox? I never one time said anything about leather, how quiet, how nice of speakers, I was just stating the performance facts.

Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit = Economy Vehicles. EVO is the opposite of economy. You're paying 2-3 times as much for performance, and crappy miles per gallon. You get a non-existent warranty (if you mod it). As well as expensive maintenance (ask about my front and rear brake pads). However it is affordable, if you have a decent income.

The interior is low-rent and not a high point of the vehicle (minus the recaros and momo wheel). Plastics are cheap, and cabin is noisy, no cruise control blah blah blah. You don't buy an EVO for all that crap, you buy it because it can scream down a track, and hang with, or beat, vehicles that cost twice as much or more. You buy one because you know the car responds well to mods and are relatively cheap to start.

Though no one is going to argue that a bimmer is more luxurious, and has more prestige. For 71k, you'd be better off buying a used EVO, doing some mods and tune, than taking the leftover and buying a bimmer :)

Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit = Economy Vehicles. EVO is the opposite of economy. You're paying 2-3 times as much for performance, and crappy miles per gallon. You get a non-existent warranty (if you mod it). As well as expensive maintenance (ask about my front and rear brake pads). However it is affordable, if you have a decent income.

The interior is low-rent and not a high point of the vehicle (minus the recaros and momo wheel). Plastics are cheap, and cabin is noisy, no cruise control blah blah blah. You don't buy an EVO for all that crap, you buy it because it can scream down a track, and hang with, or beat, vehicles that cost twice as much or more. You buy one because you know the car responds well to mods and are relatively cheap to start.

Though no one is going to argue that a bimmer is more luxurious, and has more prestige. For 71k, you'd be better off buying a used EVO, doing some mods and tune, than taking the leftover and buying a bimmer :)

You're missing the point that to some people (people who buy BMWs, etc) the small luxuries ARE important and though they want to scream down the track, they want to do it in a comfortable, quiet car. I called the Evo an econobox simply because its a high performance car based on an economy car instead of, for instance, a BMW M5 which is a high performance car based on another high performance luxury car.

MMMMMMmmmmm, toast :)

You're missing the point that to some people (people who buy BMWs, etc) the small luxuries ARE important and though they want to scream down the track, they want to do it in a comfortable, quiet car. I called the Evo an econobox simply because its a high performance car based on an economy car instead of, for instance, a BMW M5 which is a high performance car based on another high performance luxury car.

We just disagree about semantics I suppose. I do see your point though.

I do see your point if you had the money to buy this so called 71k evo, that would be every stupid imop, and for that price you do have alot of selection for high end sports cars. But if you did have the cash to buy this 71k evo because the bank would never finance it, you prolly are not hurting for money and could afford other cars like an m3 or s4 ect, I doubt anyone with 71k to blow is going to spend there lifesavings on an 71k evo. For the guys buying m5's and 911's ect how many times do you really see them out racing or at the track, close to none , unless its at nelson ledges, mid ohio during track day ect. I would almost bet that 80% of high end luxuary sport car buyers do not even use the car to its potential, and its more of a status statment. I KNOW that the evo interior sucks, I DO know its nosey , but I do know everything performance is their.

"I called the Evo an econobox simply because its a high performance car based on an economy car instead of, for instance, a BMW M5 which is a high performance car based on another high performance luxury car."

Thats false also the evo has been around 25 years and has always been based on performance/ rally , the economy car version was relased in the states only in 2003 for people that wanted the looks of the car just not the price and everything with it.

The mitsubishi evolution is only a performance car not economy car, the misubishi "lancer" is an economy car that has only been around 5 years that was based on the performance version. Each evolution made is in standard for the " group A world rally class"

In the states we get shafted in a way compared to the UK and Japan where the evo's also come in Fq300, Fq320, Fq340, Fq400 varents these models came with 305, 320,340, and 400 hp from ralli art UK mitsubishi from factory. The FQ400 was issues on TOP Gear also and raced on the test track against a Lamborghini Murcielago and beat it with a 1 minute 28 second run which is still the top 6 fastest cars ever ran on the show.

We all know the evo is out classed by a bmw and s4, and porsche I mean come on the car is only 27k brand new, thats how much civic si's are going for now. But this should make the evo owners grin because you are comparing cars that are 20-45k more and known for there performance against a small 4 door 4 cly.