So who got phucked up??

Putty

I could not find a site that showed the bike all torn to pieces.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/12/29/story_crash.html?sid=102

This is why motorcycles should not be on the road in Dec. First too much shit on the roads. Second the roads are too damn cold and the tires hook like shit. Third CARS ARE NOT LOOKING FOR BIKES in DECEMBER!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2008/12/29/story_crash.html?sid=102

This is why motorcycles should not be on the road in Dec. First too much shit on the roads. Second the roads are too damn cold and the tires hook like shit. Third CARS ARE NOT LOOKING FOR BIKES in DECEMBER!!!

So....there is a woman in the hospital with life threatening head injures and you are asking who got phucked up and lecturing on why motorcycles shouldn't be on the roads in December? :rolleyes:

I guess I missed the part in the owner's manual where it said motorcycles can only be ridden when its warm out. Is there a part that says we shouldn't ride in the rain, too? :confused:

:nono:

Cars are never looking for bikes. It doesn't matter what time of year. I rode. It was great. I didn't get hit. Woot.

So....there is a woman in the hospital with life threatening head injures and you are asking who got phucked up and lecturing on why motorcycles shouldn't be on the roads in December? :rolleyes:

I guess I missed the part in the owner's manual where it said motorcycles can only be ridden when its warm out. Is there a part that says we shouldn't ride in the rain, too? :confused:

:nono:

You can take how or what I said anyway you please. There was an accident, two people got phucked up. Hence the title. I could have worded it differently, but I felt it fit the incident. I hope she and he pulls through.

Now on to this "in the manual" thing you brought up. Have you ever considered why there are no races in the winter? Maybe cause one of the points I made. Somethings don't need to be printed in a manual to realize it'd be to your best interest NOT to do it. That's assumed with common sense.

Cars are never looking for bikes. It doesn't matter what time of year. I rode. It was great. I didn't get hit. Woot.

You know what I mean. It's expected to see bikes all over the place in warmer months than the cold.

Edited by Putty

1) this is Columbus, always shit on the roads

2) amazing, somehow all of Europe manages to ride year round even in sub freezing temps w/little incident. Guess they have those "special" tires only available in Europe

3) I was hit by two cars in broad daylight on a clear, sunny, 95 degree day in May. Guess bikes shouldn't be on the roads in May either in Ohio.

1) this is Columbus, always shit on the roads

2) amazing, somehow all of Europe manages to ride year round even in sub freezing temps w/little incident. Guess they have those "special" tires only available in Europe

3) I was hit by two cars in broad daylight on a clear, sunny, 95 degree day in May. Guess bikes shouldn't be on the roads in May either in Ohio.

Damn, you were hit by two cars? Was this the same incident or two separate accidents?

You can take how or what I said anyway you please. There was an accident, two people got phucked up. Hence the title. I could have worded it differently, but I felt it fit the incident.

How many people wrecked this past summer?

Now on to this "in the manual" thing you brought up. Have you ever considered why there are no races in the winter? Maybe cause one of the points I made. Somethings don't need to be printed in a manual to realize it'd be to your best interest NOT to do it. That's assumed with common sense.

So, because NASCAR and F1 don't run in the winter, we shouldn't drive our cars in the winter?????

Anybody with any experience on motorcycles knows that tires stay colder in the winter. I'm not arguing that point. We aren't talking about dragging knees in the winter...we are talking about getting from point A to point B safely. On dry roads, that can be done by airing down your tires and riding very conservatively. I personally would not choose to ride a sport bike year-round, b/c there are other bikes better suited for that.

Your racing analogy makes no sense...if they wanted to race year-round they could just do all the 'winter' races in warm climates. You didn't address my comment about riding in the rain? Less grip there, too...but they still race in the rain.

You guys are looking to be confrontational, so have your fun. I suggest you ride in the snow and sleet, too. It's not in the manual not to. :rolleyes:

As far as riding in the ice and snow, most people probably wouldn't but it can be done safely with some studded tires. With the right equipment, common sense, and riding skills, winter riding can be done safely.

How many people wrecked this past summer?

Excluding myself...I have no idea. Yes, I got phucked up.

Edit: That was the year before last.

So, because NASCAR and F1 don't run in the winter, we shouldn't drive our cars in the winter?????

You're comparing Nascar racing to motorcycle racing? You're trolling.

Edited by Putty

Anybody with any experience on motorcycles knows that tires stay colder in the winter. I'm not arguing that point. We aren't talking about dragging knees in the winter...we are talking about getting from point A to point B safely. On dry roads, that can be done by airing down your tires and riding very conservatively. I personally would not choose to ride a sport bike year-round, b/c there are other bikes better suited for that.

My point at the start of this is it isn't safe. Nothing more, nothing less. Argue with me all you want. The fact is riding bikes like mine and yours in the winter is not safe or very smart. Too many variables that aren't in your favor.

Your racing analogy makes no sense...if they wanted to race year-round they could just do all the 'winter' races in warm climates. You didn't address my comment about riding in the rain? Less grip there, too...but they still race in the rain.

Obviously it makes sense if you said they could do it in places where the climates are warmer. That to me says, like I said...riding where the ground is cold is not safe....which is most likely why it does not happen. As far as rain goes....why do you think when people get caught in it they stop under bridges and head straight home.....maybe cause it's not safe. Yes, they race in it, but you have far more wrecks and the pace is less than half the dry pace cause it's NOT SAFE.

As far as riding in the ice and snow, most people probably wouldn't but it can be done safely with some studded tires. With the right equipment, common sense, and riding skills, winter riding can be done safely.

Of all the states out here....Find me 5 people...LIKE US that mod there bikes the way you mentioned to ride in the ice....show me...

Excluding myself...I have no idea. Yes, I got phucked up.

You wrecked this summer? I didn't know that. I thought that was last year.

You're comparing Nascar racing to motorcycle racing? You're trolling.

NASCAR is car racing. So is F1. Those are the two big, popular car racing series, so I used them. You said motorcycle racing, but by that I assumed you meant MotoGP and AMA Superbike. They are the two big, popular MC racing series. No trolling. Just using your analogy. There are MC races in the winter. There are AMA Flat Track races, there's the AMA Ice Championship in MI, etc. There are car races too. I was just pointing out the bad analogy. Racing doesn't mean anything about when you should or shouldn't ride. Would I go out and ride Hocking? Probably not. Would I go out and drag race? Probably not. Would I ride to work? Yeah.

You wrecked this summer? I didn't know that. I thought that was last year.

I placed an edit there...I meant the year before.

NASCAR is car racing. So is F1. Those are the two big, popular car racing series, so I used them. You said motorcycle racing, but by that I assumed you meant MotoGP and AMA Superbike. They are the two big, popular MC racing series. No trolling. Just using your analogy. There are MC races in the winter. There are AMA Flat Track races, there's the AMA Ice Championship in MI, etc. There are car races too. I was just pointing out the bad analogy. Racing doesn't mean anything about when you should or shouldn't ride. Would I go out and ride Hocking? Probably not. Would I go out and drag race? Probably not. Would I ride to work? Yeah.

You were being a wiseguy here. The racing I was speaking of is MotoGP, WBSK, AMA....The shit we go to.

You were being a wiseguy here. The racing I was speaking of is MotoGP, WBSK, AMA....The shit we go to.
You said motorcycle racing, but by that I assumed you meant MotoGP and AMA Superbike. They are the two big, popular MC racing series.

Eh? How am I being a wiseguy? I stated I assumed you meant MotoGP and AMA Superbike.

bunny-pancake.jpg