hood cutting

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

anyone here know of a place i can get my hood cut? ive got a cowl hood but the back of it is sealed, i didnt put the hood on the car, the previous owners did, but since i have it i might as well atleast make it semi-functional...i want the back section behind the cowl cut out and a mesh of some sort put in to give it a little heat extraction...i could probably do the mesh myself, i just dont trust my shaky hands to make cuts on a fiberglass hood

heres kind of a picture, its not great and i cant take another since hal has my car at the moment....

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/0814071224-1.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
i plan to attach the mesh on the inside of the hood and match it flush with the hole...might have to get creative, or i may not attach any mesh at all...depends how clean the cut turns out...after its cut im just going to get a can of black paint and spray can it...should only be a line as thick as the hood, so if the colors off slightly its not going to matter...but i wanna get it smoothed out and painted and then go from there...if it looks ok without mesh then ill probably leave it, if not then the mesh shouldnt be too hard...hard to explain what i mean, but i already know how im going to do it