CBJ Fans

HotCarl

I wanted the Jackets to draft Umberger out of Ohio State a few years back

at least they have him now though

and this Russian kid is supposed to be really good, top 3 in the draft on a lot of boards, just a little cocky

Yeah Umberger is a solid player and should be a good add to the team. We need more players like him besides just the allstars like Nash and Zherdev. Then hopefully next year we can make it to the play offs finally.

and this Russian kid is supposed to be really good, top 3 in the draft on a lot of boards, just a little cocky

Aren't they all? I mean, Zherdev was the same exact way when he first came to the NHL then he realized he's not the best kid on the ice anymore. On the other hand I almost dont blame guys/kids like this. They grow up their whole lives with people telling them their the best and will be the best so the arrogance is to be expected.

The guys name is Nikita Filatov. I found this on CBJ's website he sounds REALLY good, but so did Zherdev :( ...

No. 6 Nikita Filatov, LW, CSKA2 (Russia) - Filatov was so highly regarded by Central Scouting that he was their No. 1 European prospect. Many believe he can play in the NHL next year.

The 5-foot-10, 170-pound winger doesn’t seem concerned about the lack of a transfer agreement between the NHL and IIHF either because he is not currently under contract. Howson said he should be free to sign an NHL contract.

Filatov led Russia with nine points in seven games at the 2008 World Junior Championships. He captained Russia to the silver medal at the 2008 Under-18 World Championships. Filatov also had 66 points in 34 games in the Russian junior league last season.

Yeah Umberger is a solid player and should be a good add to the team. We need more players like him besides just the allstars like Nash and Zherdev. Then hopefully next year we can make it to the play offs finally.

No offence, but Nash and Zerdev are not exactly "allstars". They are both good individual players, I'd hate to be in goal with either one of them coming my way. But you hardly hear anything about them, maybe it's because they play for the jackets? But then again if they were such allstarts then the jackets would'nt be so bad.

I am looking forward to this next season to see how everything turns out for them, maybe they can at least be in the race for a playoff spot!

No offence, but Nash and Zerdev are not exactly "allstars". They are both good individual players, I'd hate to be in goal with either one of them coming my way. But you hardly hear anything about them, maybe it's because they play for the jackets? But then again if they were such allstarts then the jackets would'nt be so bad.

I am looking forward to this next season to see how everything turns out for them, maybe they can at least be in the race for a playoff spot!

Uhh, maybe you didn't see Nash in the previous two All Star games? He stood out. Zherdev is really good as well, I just think the team couldn't pull it all together this year. Hopefully they'll work better together this year and Leclaire can pull off good season.

The CBJ got umberger to get Buckeye fans in the seats at Nationwide,plain and simple Hes not a bad player but lets be honest. Last year on phily he split time on the 3 and 4 lines and now people think he his gong to top line the CBJ. I guess it just shows how bad the CBJ's and there FO really are. Its also sad when your GM tells the market he is ready to overpay for talent. We can buy certain players this off season but there not going to be big play makers. The development of the young guys, Brule, Boll, Brassard and jakub Voracek will be a deciding factor on if this team makes the playoffs or not.

Uhh, maybe you didn't see Nash in the previous two All Star games? He stood out. Zherdev is really good as well, I just think the team couldn't pull it all together this year. Hopefully they'll work better together this year and Leclaire can pull off good season.

Exactly, at an allstar game in the skills compotition and against no defence in the game he was great by himself. But I'd rather have a guy who can play like that in every game and help the team improve. Maybe it's him, maybe it's the rest of the team, or maybe it's coaching but Nash isn't (at least IMO) even in the top 25 players in Hockey right now. He's good, but not great yet. I'm not even sure if I would consider him to be a franchise player. But that's just my opinion and I don't really follow the west too much.

We still have the rest of the summer to go after FA's. The draft is just one chunk of it.

Umberger is decent and is an upgrade of what we have, but he's not the end all be all. And he most definitely not will not get our boys to the playoffs singlehandedly. I don't think the Jackets went after him solely because of what school he went to/played for, that's just a bonus. Great for the marketing folks.

The team was doing pretty well until the trade deadline and we got rid of Foote & Feds. That took a big chunk of leadership out of the room and took the wind right out of their sails.

As for Filatov, they went after the best player available once Toronto snapped up Schenn. From what I've read about him, he's not like Z attitude & baggage wise.

Doesn't Nash consistently score 40 goals a year when he's healthy? I know he's normally near the top of the league in scoring. Bottom line is that he's the best player we've ever had, and he's still pretty young

Pitt has already let Malone go as he's wanting to play the FA field. There was talk of us trading for negotiating rights , but he nixed it saying he wouldn't want to lose potential teammates. I would say he's a little pissed at Pens for letting him go. They've offered him contracts but they were much lower than what he was expecting so he basically said fuck you and left. His father used to work for the organization but left to scout for the 'Yotes, I think. All ties to the Pens have been cut, so we'll see how it all pans out after July 1st.

Malone has said that he wouldn't mind coming to Columbus, but we'll wait and see...