Anyone know if 03-04 Cobra injectors work in 99+ GT's?

BDHG940

Yes, you will need a reflash before starting the car though. The only difference may be in the harness and I don't even think there is a difference there.

Yes' date=' you will need a reflash before starting the car though. The only difference may be in the harness and I don't even think there is a difference there.[/quote']

They are a dual pattern injector which drastically changes the transient fueling on a 2v verse a 4v...

So' date=' what would be your suggestion Rob?[/quote']

They can be used, we've used them, but they wont be perfect. You may or may not notice it in the end. You can adjust for transient fueling but without lab grade equipment you wont be able to get it 100%.

That's what I figured. I just checked part numbers for larger injectors' date=' they are the same for the GT and the Cobra.[/quote']

Yes, because they are using a single pattern injector in the aftermarket. I dont know of any aftermarket injectors that are dual pattern, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Saying a split pattern would be more correct, incase there is any confusion.

We are doing a 2v turbo car and I have the hookup on 03-04 factory ford injectors. That is the reason I was trying to find out if they will work. I have see some harnesses online that I think you can use to adapt them but I still dont understand what had to be adjusted on the injectors when you say lab grade equipment needed? I will have Brian tune the car and handle all of that when we get to that point but I was just trying to use these because it would be dirt cheap to include with the kit.

Rob, when you say get the car 100%, are you talking on the tune? If that is the case it would be pointless I guess for me to try and save money and not be able to perfect the tune. What situation did you use the cobra injectors with?

So basically is it going to be better or maybe easier to just go with frpp or lucas injectors?