Fbody,terminators,lightings,etc... at the track

1qwk767

Why are they called "Terminators"??? Just for fun...

read "iron fist, lead foot" (paperback book) if you want to get schooled on the '03/04 cobras, and how the name 'terminator' came about.

its actually a very interesting look into automotive engineering and goes through the complete history of the car, from concept to completion, and everything in between. even if you don't like mustangs at all, its a great read.

but since you're so busy running the pizza shop (can't remember if that's what you do, so excuse me if i'm wrong), i'll let you know how the name came about--- chief project manager jonh coletti wanted to build a car that would terminate the competition, and finally put ford on top of the pony/muscle car food chain---needless to say, he was successful. the name has nothing to do with the movie/arnold.

the only part(s) of the car that have the word "terminator" on it, are the side air scoops behind the doors.

see, now you're smarter

great video by the way, thanks for posting. couldn't believe that lightning made it into the 9's. and as for the small white car---holy shit, is about all i can say. for a second it looked like it was headed straight for the camera guy

i thought terminator name had something to do with the swartzenegger

seriously

nope. the book i referenced is fantastic. like i said, even if you hate mustangs, you'll still like this book. i had no idea what goes into designing and engineering a car and this book details EVERYTHING (motor/suspension/body/etc). it was really interesting how the engineers overcame many of the obstacles they faced. the original motor did not call for the manley rods that it has--they were breaking rods left and right. like i said, the bood is great