Favorite Tools?

Tindall2006

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest schnitzelwagen
id have to say its my snap-on electric impact. i was hesitant about buying it but it surprized the hell out of me. 400 some odd ft/lb tq

for whatever reason, my $39 harbor freight 1/2" corded electric impact wrench has lasted 7 years without a single problem---i'd say i've gotten the most usage out of it-

other than that, i pretty much have 2 complete sets of craftsman tools, and really like their ergonomic crossforce ratcheting wrenches.

Sawzall

I fucking win u all lose

Close. 4.5" dewalt angle grinder.

Something too rusty to remove? Angle grinder and cutoff wheel. Something doesn't quit fit right or need a little clearance? Angle grinder and metal grinding wheel.

Something pissing me off and I want to feel like I've accomplished something for the day? Destroy something with the angle grinder.

Need a sawzall but don't want to look around in the garage for where i put it? Oh, there's the angle grinder and it already has a cutoff wheel on it.

The rest of the tools mentioned are handy, but the angle grinder gets me out of a number of fab situations and headaches.

I work on pre 70's cars though, so you need tools that can fight rust

I agree that the MODIS is an incredibly useful tool. So much shit you can look at and mess with with that thing.

Yes sir, but I'm a huge fan of the new mastertech. What can i say, I'm a import guy....it's practically a factory Toyota scan tool.

OK, very specifically, my Dad has this old Stanley 1/2 ratchet with a rocker-style direction switch. It's the easiest ratchet to switch with your hand deep in the guts of a car.

It's also the toughest damn thing I've ever used. Lugnuts, wheel hub nuts, hell, I've had a 4 foot helper pipe on that thing, practically jumping on it, and it isn't even worn.

Meanwhile, I've exchanged his 1/2 Craftsman 4 times in about ten years.

Gotta love a tough tool...

• Downvote 1

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n247/BDOZZER/06-30-08_1527.jpg

Eveything inside to get shit done.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n247/BDOZZER/06-30-08_1529.jpg

more stuff to get shit done

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n247/BDOZZER/06-30-08_1530.jpg

The mig, tig, stick welder, plasma cutter all in one unit.

Guest Removed
Yes sir, but I'm a huge fan of the new mastertech. What can i say, I'm a import guy....it's practically a factory Toyota scan tool.

only thing i dont like about the mastertech is you have to know the code. it dont have atrouble shooter in it. and to be honest, i miss mine. great tool if you know how to use it!

plus 1 on that

Tech 3 is OK....

drbIII for nopars and the list goes on and on

the new GM scan tool that is comming out looks to be tits. wireless programing thats about 10 times faster than it is now. the wonderful world of LAN networks in our cars lol.

Guest Removed
the new GM scan tool that is comming out looks to be tits. wireless programing thats about 10 times faster than it is now. the wonderful world of LAN networks in our cars lol.

KIa has it... they call it GDS. it kicks ass. we have the breakout box's and theres not much it dont do!

KIa has it... they call it GDS. it kicks ass. we have the breakout box's and theres not much it dont do!

i know what your talking about, we have one but have been told not to use it yet. what i'm talking about is all one deal on a lap top. kinda like EFIlive on roids.

Guest Removed
i know what your talking about, we have one but have been told not to use it yet. what i'm talking about is all one deal on a lap top. kinda like EFIlive on roids.

thats what ares is.

lab scope and all! Its the cats ass

most the the crap in those cars are delphi .

ill take a pic for you and post it up