Plumbing repair help

87GT

I have never had to repair this before so I am kind of clueless. The water *****et outside my house drips water after I hand tighten it. How do I fix that?

Turn off all my water then find a way to remove the *****et from my house to replace? Do I have to dig out part of my house or should the *****et just twist off. This house was built in 1952 so everything is old and outdated.

If you have a basement or crawspace, find where the pipe exits the house. Turn the water off and take a pipe cutter($5 at hardware store) and cut the pipe back far enough where you have good working room. Go outside and pull the remaining pipe and faucet out of the wall. Buy a new faucet and small piece of pipe the same size as the old pipe. Solder the new pipe to the faucet, unless you get a new compression fitting in which case no soldering is required, and place the new pipe and faucet back into the hole. Connect the new pipe to the old pipe either by soldering on a new connector or again going with a new style compression fitting requiring no solder.

If you have a basement or crawspace, find where the pipe exits the house. Turn the water off and take a pipe cutter($5 at hardware store) and cut the pipe back far enough where you have good working room. Go outside and pull the remaining pipe and faucet out of the wall. Buy a new faucet and small piece of pipe the same size as the old pipe. Solder the new pipe to the faucet, unless you get a new compression fitting in which case no soldering is required, and place the new pipe and faucet back into the hole. Connect the new pipe to the old pipe either by soldering on a new connector or again going with a new style compression fitting requiring no solder.

Sounds easy enough. Right on thanks!

Or...

you can take the screw out of the handle (and again-after turning off the water in the house) loosen the large nut under the handle (if you have that type of faucet/*****et/spigot). You can then pull the "guts" out of the unit and simply replace the sealing washer.

Guest GMoney
Or...

you can take the screw out of the handle (and again-after turning off the water in the house) loosen the large nut under the handle (if you have that type of faucet/*****et/spigot). You can then pull the "guts" out of the unit and simply replace the sealing washer.

+1 Exactly what i was gonna write.