Be on the look out

6 Speed S4

Guest mrhobbz
I'm on my parents homeowners insurance and its like a 1000 dollar deductable so we aren't going to pay that.

I have a clue of who broke in, there was a group of 4 black males walking around the parking lot that night at 9pm as my roommate left to goto campus. I was at comfest, came back around 11pm and found the sliding glass door cracked and noticed the laptop gone. I just got a safe and its drilled into the floor now, also buying camera system so I can catch anyone else on tape.

Put the shit in the bank, you really think someone can't get that safe out? If they want it that bad they will get it with the quickness.

Put the shit in the bank, you really think someone can't get that safe out? If they want it that bad they will get it with the quickness.

If you watch "To Catch a Thief" he says that 99% of the time the intruder will stray from a safe that is bolted down and locked. Too much other easy stuff to get.

If you watch "To Catch a Thief" he says that 99% of the time the intruder will stray from a safe that is bolted down and locked. Too much other easy stuff to get.

my buddy's dad had a wall safe that some people broke into, threw down his stairs to open, and took ~$1m in various forms from. if people want something, they'll get it.

my buddy's dad had a wall safe that some people broke into, threw down his stairs to open, and took ~$1m in various forms from. if people want something, they'll get it.

A safe sitting on a wall shelf hidden in the wall, or a properly bolted in safe? A properly bolted down safe won't be going anywhere without taking that part of the structure with it.

I'm scared to think of the damage that did to the stairs and floor at the bottom of the stairs..

Guest mrhobbz

In a perfect world maybe.. Why not play it safe and use a bank box if its really that valuable?

In a perfect world maybe.. Why not play it safe and use a bank box if its really that valuable?

well yeah. But it is always good to have a bit of emergency cash on hand. Also if you have sensitive paperwork that you have to use or reference enough to keep on hand (think passport) then you should use a properly bolted down safe.

Like I said, installed properly, they aren't getting it unless they take a big chunk of the house with it. Trust me ;)

That really does suck, I have been worried about my place being broken into since the first day I moved onto campus.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Swann-DIY-Security-Kit-NEW_W0QQitemZ370063487249QQihZ024QQcategoryZ121835QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is sort of a cheap kit, but if you are interested in it let me know and I will cut out the shipping. All you would need for this to be a half way decent setup is a DVR and a good sized hard drive. I am not trying to profit from your loss as I don't make commission on the items I post.

I actually just bought a wireless nightvision/ day time camera system by swann that records to my roomates pc 24/7

Ooooooh that sounds nice. I am going to break in and steal both. Keep us updated on all the new shit you buy.

A safe sitting on a wall shelf hidden in the wall, or a properly bolted in safe? A properly bolted down safe won't be going anywhere without taking that part of the structure with it.

hidden behind a faux-Picasso painting in the wall.

I'm scared to think of the damage that did to the stairs and floor at the bottom of the stairs..

it was 100% destroyed, the whole stairway and walls adjacent had to be completely torn out and redone

Like I said, installed properly, they aren't getting it unless they take a big chunk of the house with it. Trust me ;)

yeah, my dude has one that is bolted down to the floor, to the wall on both sides and to the wall on the back. its not going anywhere unless you take the closet with it.

depends on where you are located and if that's normal. on our street the neighbors would call SWAT. PC or not, that's life sometimes.

Sucks, man. But I gotta say, I didn't realize being black and out in public immediately makes you suspect. Maybe you watch too much "COPS"?

That fuckin sucks bro, sorry to hear.

If i was u id get on ebay and craigslist

I had a really nice Kenwood head unit jacked out of my S10 last year and I still check CL and ebay for it all the time, and it's never on there :(

I never saw the point in checking out pawn shops, I figured at that point you're too late and the thief is long gone.