airsoft/air guns?

kawi kid

does anyone have any experience with these. im just looking for something to keep me occupied while im layed up after my surgery and these kinda peaked my intrest. i wasnt planning on like being able to running around and shooting at my buddies ( i have paintball for that but i will be on crutches) i just kinda wanted to target practice and keep myself entertained.

here is something similiar i have been thinking about- http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0038707228057a&navCount=1&podId=0038707&parentId=cat602256&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat21404-cat601811-cat602256&catalogCode=8IS&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat602256&hasJS=true

My boys have a couple of the shotties. They got me the machine gun for Father's Day ;)

These are the cheaper ones........$30-$50 range. The machine gun is like 230 psi. Holds several hundred of the airsoft bb's. I think their shotties are like 300+ psi, and hold about 30 bb's. We had a "war" on the 4th of July. They had a buddy over, and we went to the school behind our house & played for an hour or two.

I'm like a big kid......So it was a freakin' blast, though the neighbors seemed to be lookin' at me kinda funny!! :D The machine gun doesn't hit as hard.....but it's fun as hell sprayin' fire all over the place & watchin' them dive for cover when the old man gets the drop on them ;)

The self catching trap they've got has a net/cage behind the target, that catches the bb's once they pass through the paper

Edited by Fonzie

oh man, it is not fun getting shot at with one of the shotguns, i dont mind the 5 hits you mightget playing, but getting hit with like 20 or 30 at once, all over your body hurts, every single one will either welt, bleed, or both

the handgun i bought came with a gel target that caught the bb's . and since i assume this is goin gto be in the house id say thats all you need. they are a blast just dont let girls handle them bad things happen.

i think the m4 might be a bit much for what i wanna do with it. (basically just target practice.) but ill keep ya in mind if i wanna up grade.

fonzie i thought it was you tellin me about this stuff but i wasnt sure. ill be talking with ya soon.

• 1 year later...

Bump on this thread, a buddy at work is trying to coax me into playing with them - (he just got an AK replica).

I'm just learning about the types of guns (spring, AEG, Gas). I've visited airsplat and some other sites, but I'm not looking to spend $300 bones on an airsoft gun when I can get a REAL one for that. Being the cheap bastid I am, any suggestions on the best gun for the money? Bottom dollar isn't what I'm looking for, I'm looking for a good value for my dollar.

It seems most of the guys my buddy plays with use LMG or assault rifle type guns (med range tactical, AEGs, 450 round cap) -- though I actually think the pump shotties look baller for an airsoft weapon.

Weigh in with your latest opinions.

Isn't THAT the truth. I remember in HS, me and a friend vs a neighbor outside on our decks outback shooting at eachother for some reason...fucking DUMB! I heard one go hissing past my ear and I ran in the house...LOL. We were yelling back and forth saying we'll stop when you stop. :lol:

I have an KJW M92f Beretta (Green Gas) I have been wanting to get rid of. It was like $80-100 bucks. It blows back and dissembles like a beretta. However, it does not have a red tip and needs a new clip (other one is busted) looks and feels realistic. Obviously I'd take less that what I paid ...have no use for it anymore..