Wireless Troubles - Getting Pissed *Computer Crew*

Kevin R.

Ok, this has gone on long enough. I need some help.

In my room I have at least FOUR wireless connections to choose from including neighbors, etc. However, we have our OWN wireless and the signal is perfect. I can connect to ALL of these networks. The problem is, the fucking connection will drop every 3 minutes and I have to switch network or wait for it to come back. It is getting super fucking annoying as I can surf for 3 minutes and then get a dead page, change networks, rinse, repeat.

Is there something doing this?

My laptop does it at school on our OU wireless while none of my roommate located max 6 feet away had the problem. I used the hardwire all year because of this shit.

Is there a common problem that is causing my wireless to hold the uncanny ability to disconnect every 2 fucking seconds?

:mad:

Thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there may also be interference with the wireless signal.Like a 2.4 Ghz router and a 2.4Ghz home phone and so on. I would check for these things

I thought the same thing at first, but his roommates aren't experiencing the same problem. If it were interference they should.

I thought the same thing at first, but his roommates aren't experiencing the same problem. If it were interference they should.

Correct. It happens with no one elses laptops in the house. My brother and dad both have one.

I could upgrade the Network Connection driver (i believe this is just for hardline) but not the Wireless Driver (it was up-to-date with no previous installations so cannot roll-back).

Hmm. I guess we'll see.

Go to device manager again and remove the Wireless card (software). Your computer will then see the hardware and reload it. That way if any part of the driver got corrupt it should straighten that out.

As in Uninstall it?

Err. I uninstalled it. Wireless would not connect when I first re-booted. Nothing happened and it did not re-install anything. The driver was still in the Device Manager list. I got scared but now it connects.

I don't know what it did though. :eek:

I bet your router is taking a shit. I had the same problem with my netgear (twice) and a linksys randomly dropping shit.

Also, your wireless card might be taking a shit too. That happened to me a few times.