Im back on CR! Rockn a DSM now....

Guest NSTYTALON

Guest NSTYTALON

Hello everyone!

I use to frequent Columbus Racing a few years ago, I decided to come back and see whats up.

I use to always have Mustangs and I loved them and had good luck. My last stang was a 97 Cobra, it was a good time and it was super reliable. Then I learned about Mitsubishi four cylinders and the rest was history. The car I have a now, a 95 Eagle Talon TSI has been great. Im runnin a nice setup this year with a built motor, 50-trim and some other good stuff.

Im curious how many fast EVOs and DSM around here cause I havent been out as much as id like to be.

I work at a car dealership, Ive worked on cars for the past ten years and I love all things automotive. Hopefully Ill get some privileges on this forum, Im not a noob or a retard so I should fit in well lol thanks fellas and ladies

Hello everyone!

I use to frequent Columbus Racing a few years ago, I decided to come back and see whats up.

I use to always have Mustangs and I loved them and had good luck. My last stang was a 97 Cobra, it was a good time and it was super reliable. Then I learned about Mitsubishi four cylinders and the rest was history. The car I have a now, a 95 Eagle Talon TSI has been great. Im runnin a nice setup this year with a built motor, 50-trim and some other good stuff.

Im curious how many fast EVOs and DSM around here cause I havent been out as much as id like to be.

I work at a car dealership, Ive worked on cars for the past ten years and I love all things automotive. Hopefully Ill get some privileges on this forum, Im not a noob or a retard so I should fit in well lol thanks fellas and ladies

I've highlighted your misconception. You won't be fitting in at all. Check your "normalcy" at the door. This place is full both. Oh, and shit. Alot of shit. :D

:grin2:

but man that thing ran great ....... until then

I still think the DSM is the best budget performance car. As long as you enjoy working on cars that is.

I would disagree. I think a LS1 F-body takes that. Cars already runs mid-low 13's stock. Some fairly inexpensive mods will take you into the 12's consistantly. Though I don't really know DSM's that well, so don't know how much it costs to mod them and how fast they get with a few mods.

I would disagree. I think a LS1 F-body takes that. Cars already runs mid-low 13's stock. Some fairly inexpensive mods will take you into the 12's consistantly. Though I don't really know DSM's that well, so don't know how much it costs to mod them and how fast they get with a few mods.

I would also partially disagree as far as keeping the wheel straight (quoting quarter mile times) and say the the 5.0 fox body is the best budget straight line performance car. Even though the LS1 is a more powerful engine (44 cubes and newer technology) the car it is in just weighs a lot more. A LS1 fox coupe would actually be very tough to beat but a little more difficult to assemble.

For all around performance suspension/handling/braking without ride comfort as a concern the LS1 f-body is the best out there as the engineering is far superior as its engineering dates to 1993 rather than 1979 for the mustang. Well I dunno the 1982-92 third gen did have a torque arm as well but I dont think it had SLA front suspension or 4 wheel disc brakes.

For all around badass performance on a budget with ride comfort taken into account there is no question the C5 vette wins in every category but you lose the back seat....

I am sure an AWD DSM does handle/brake/accelerate pretty well and isn't too heavy but they lose MAJOR points for expense of repair (foreign parts, and non-reliable build quality)

sorry to venture off topic.

To the OP, are you the guy that wanted to trade for my car and I referred you here? Lets see some pics we may have already seen you out there.

Nothing on a dsm is foreign, they are made in the usa 100% by amerians in IL. and the parts are dirt ass cheap to make a fast fucking car, you only hear of shitty dsm's because of the young crowd 16-20 that can not afford good parts and push a car with 200k miles to the limit. I know bobby on here built a nice 500whpawd pump gas dsm for under 5k and never broke and still is whiping v8's at stop lights till this day. I know mike loung ran like a 12.7 on a 14b turbo, not sure what was all done so I will not even say I know it was posted on columbus dsm a few years back. A well built awd dsm will give any car a headache at a stop light , most people think big turbo without concidering the tranny and t case has 200k on it, you do it right the first time the car can be a fucking blast. oh and welcome 50 trims are so 5 years ago lol j/k

1st: To the OP, sorry to go off topic.

2nd: I have seen first gen DSMs go 12s on less than $100 worth of mods.

I am fully confident I could take $5000 and build a low 11 second 1st gen, no nitrous, and that includes buying the car. I will let you know for sure though. My buddy just got back from picking up a 1990 GSX Eclipse. So far he has spent $1800. That got him the car (which is solid, not rusted out), big 16g turbo, front mount intercooler, full exhaust, Apexi SAFC, new clutch and flywheel. We are going to keep track of what he spends on it. Speaking of which I need to get him to sign up on here. ( I will admit, it's not the prettiest car in the world but we will work on that too)

Nothing on a dsm is foreign, they are made in the usa 100% by amerians in IL. and the parts are dirt ass cheap to make a fast fucking car,

I stand corrected. Thank you! My mistake. I still hear too many bad things about them to get one or recommend one.

I am fully confident I could take $5000 and build a low 11 second 1st gen, no nitrous, and that includes buying the car.

This I would like to see... 3 back to back runs at 3 track visits for a total of 9 runs at a frequency of 3 runs/month for 3 months with daily driving in between. I would assume this is on some sort of slick?

Bobby? Are you on here?

Cheap, Reliable, Fast. 11s for 5 grand including the price of the car is not going to be reliable. If they are I am buying one to add to my garage.

How can we move this post to the lounge or passing lane entitled DSM 11s for 5 grand? reliable? or something along those lines.

you only hear of shitty dsm's because of the young crowd 16-20 that can not afford good parts and push a car with 200k miles to the limit.

QOTD

I don't think people understand that when you double, triple, or even quadruple the stock power of a vehicle shit does start breaking. Dumbasses.