VA hiring in Columbus

VA GUY

We'll be moving into our new building this October/November, and adding 150 new positions. Here's a link to look at http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/jobsearch.asp?q=department+of+veterans+affairs&jbf574=&lid=18207&jbf522=&salmin=&salmax=&paygrademin=&paygrademax=&FedEmp=N&tm=&sort=rv&vw=d&ss=0&brd=3876&FedPub=Y&caller=%2Fagency_search.asp&SUBMIT1.x=87&SUBMIT1.y=19

For most of our jobs you do have to have some prior federal government time (being a veteran DOES count!). Bene's are great, I get 8 hours of vacation and 4 hours of sick leave every two weeks, pay raises every January, no weekends or holiday's at our clinic....Certain moderator around here interviewed for a job here too... :D

I have 2 friends that have prior military 10+ years , both have there master degree other has experience in medical from the marines/ both have done 3 tours in iraq, ect they will be contacting you. Do you have any part time jobs? my dad did 23 years in the marines, has a degree and is looking for part time work in helping with militry stuff. He retired in his late 30's and now owns his own trucking business so he has free time.

all three of them were discharged with honors, both my friends are purple heart holders one is a two time purple heart holder, and one is the first marine since veitnam to recieve the navy cross the second highest ranking medal SSgt Anthony L. Viggiani and also has been on the history channel tons of times of his actions he did oversea's

medal of honor is the only higher medal, and 95% of the people that recieve that are dead.

You want to get into a field that's going to do nothing but grow by leaps and bounds within the VA? Anything to do with GWOT veterans!! (Global War On Terrorism). We're hiring 5 new positions for that program alone right now, and it's the hot button issue within the VA. Case managers, social workers, program managers.....and we're supposed to look very hard for GWOT veterans to fill these positions, but being a veteran does help around here, having my CIB has made some patients "open up" to me when they might not have otherwise, because they know I've been there done that.

You want to get into a field that's going to do nothing but grow by leaps and bounds within the VA? Anything to do with GWOT veterans!! (Global War On Terrorism). We're hiring 5 new positions for that program alone right now, and it's the hot button issue within the VA. Case managers, social workers, program managers.....and we're supposed to look very hard for GWOT veterans to fill these positions, but being a veteran does help around here, having my CIB has made some patients "open up" to me when they might not have otherwise, because they know I've been there done that.

I'd honestly love to do that. So you said GWOT veterans have more priority?

I'm hoping to hear something.

Did you talk to Chris?

You talking about the IT job?

"

PLEASE NOTE RELOCATION: THIS POSITION WILL BE RELOCATING TO FORT MEADE, MARYLAND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE BASE REALIGNMENT AND CLOSURE ACT. ANTICIPATED DATE OF RELOCATION IS 2010.

"

You talking about the IT job?

"

PLEASE NOTE RELOCATION: THIS POSITION WILL BE RELOCATING TO FORT MEADE, MARYLAND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE BASE REALIGNMENT AND CLOSURE ACT. ANTICIPATED DATE OF RELOCATION IS 2010.

"

BRAC is a dirty bitch

BRAC is how I got my job at the VA, I worked for Newark Air Force Base when it was still NAFB, due to the BRAC announcement I had the unpleasant job of handing out RIF notices (Reduction In Force) to a couple hundred employees. I wanted to stay with the government, ended up with the VA. Ft. Mead?? Never heard of that happening within our clinic, and I'm one of those types that hear everything. I don't see Chris very often, but I'll make a special effort to get up and talk to her next week! I'm off tomorrow and Monday.. I LIVE to help veterans. A few years ago I was doing some outreach and was fortunate enough to tell a WWII veteran just how much money we could save him on his prescriptions, he started to cry he was so thankful, that's what it's all about!!