94 dodge ram no start

ODoyle

I have a 94 dodge ram with the 318, it has new plugs,wires and a new fuel pump too. Lately it has had a "lumpy" idle and today it just died and then just turns over. Any help would be greatly appriceated

TIA

James

pull the coil wire off the cap and ground it to the block while someone cranks the motor and see if you have spark there if

I'm guessing you don't

after you verify no fire from the coil check the power feed and the trigger wire if you have power and signal the coil is hoed if you are missing power and or signal at the coil get back to me

Im not sure that we are going to junk it right away,but fixxing it every month or so is getting old. Im not going to be back to my parents till next weeken to look at it again, can I just put a plug in the wire that goes to the coil? if I ont have spark there what are my other options? Gearhead how har was it to get to the crank sensor as from what im reaing online that seems to be the issue

thanks a lot gas grass or ass I have never really dealt with a no spark issue im use to diesels

Guest Removed

its more then likely the issue. the connector is by the dist. with a labscope they have the same wave form. the sensor is in the bell housing on the passenger side.

it wont throw codes.one way to tell is watching a scantool. you wont have a crank signal.

Guest Removed

a good scantool that will let you read the data stream in the ECU. not just a code reader. I'd say its a safe bet just to replace the crank sensor and ill bet it will run.

I pull the trans tube out of the way, and remove 2 allen screws and thats it. last one i did was on a 4X4. 4x2 are easyer to get to.

So i replaced the ignition coil tonight and same issues as before.I have the crank sensor but my hands are way to big to fit down between the head and firewall.So im looking to hire a midget that i can hold by the ankles to do the work for me lol.Are there any tips or tricks i should try Gearhead ,something to make it a little more roomy?

Guest Removed
do it from under ..not from top! remove trans tube bolt(bell housing bolt) if its not 4x4 it cake if its 4x4 then i may need to come do it!4x4 i have to go thru the innner fender to get the allen bolts.