03/04 cobra bumper for trade/maybe sale

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

ok guys....after me and rob went out to west side last night, i realized that this bumper is not good for my car....sits way too low, we dragged the chin spoiler all over the place....

im not looking to sell it, although i can if someone wants to shoot me an offer...the bumper is 9/10 condition but the lip is scuffed up pretty bad, its not torn or anything just scuffed up..

lookin for someone to trade me a stock gt bumper with full fog light assemblies....must be black (if you got a different color, paint it black and we can swap, will still be cheaper for you than buying a new one plus fog lights etc)

fog lights both work, no issues at all except the lip...ill put pics up later, rob still has my car so i cant go out and get pics at the moment

*lip can be replaced for ~ $100 if i remember correctly*

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112

you can see the scuffs in this picture.... these were the old ones, now the passenger side looks the same

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG0254Medium.jpg

Guest tbutera2112

im surprised you didnt rip it off with your insane driving! we were doing like 60 over bumps and shit...any extra people in the car it will bottom out....my buddy was with me and i was driving, his gf was in the back and we were scraping on 70 E out near zanesville where the roads arent even shit lol

it only scraped comin out of white castle too hard and when we were out in wherever we were with the bikes

Guest Removed

I will say this. my test launch on stimmel is the only time that rear end didnt kickout on me

every other time 1st gear it goes left, when i snap second it goes right. The marks in front of the dealship prove that!

Guest tbutera2112
ok well as of now, i found someone to trade me....so for now its sold...ill bump this thread if that changes...thanks

stop driving like a maniac. plenty of cars that actually came with that bumper from the factory do not have the same problem, and many of them are lowered as well. i'd leave the bumper on your car even though its not a cobra--it looks too nice to downgrade to a GT bumper

stop driving like a maniac. plenty of cars that actually came with that bumper from the factory do not have the same problem, and many of them are lowered as well. i'd leave the bumper on your car even though its not a cobra--it looks too nice to downgrade to a GT bumper

I agree with this also. I especially think the stock 99 bumper is rather unattractive, and the cobra bumper/cowl hood you've got going on really work well together. There are just some tricks to driving cars that sit low, and there's really no reason it should EVER scrape on the freeway unless there's construction going on....

I'm lowered. As long as I take the bumps right, I have zero issues.

Guest Removed
when your rolling 60 or so and a bump jumps out from no where and the passenger seat is loaded it , you'll have bumper drag.

Guest tbutera2112

everyone saying that i shouldnt have issues scraping, where you load down a car that sits a couple inches from the ground, its going to scrape...whenever we hit a bump on the freeway it did... and its hard to keep up with a group of bikes and ls1s if we're going slow enough to never scrape...i dont have any issues if im the only one driving....but with anyone in passenger or backseat, it will scrape/bottom out...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/1-3.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
oh and i havent gotten rid of it...i might look into new springs instead....something with more weight transfer so it doesnt launch like a pig, and something to get the nose off the ground....thinking eibach drag launch kit....anyone use them? or any suggestions?

Guest tbutera2112

can anyone photoshop a gt bumper onto my car please?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG0260Medium-1.jpg

Guest tbutera2112

ok i found something close...what does everyone think?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/RebelGT_HO_Hood_EdgarChop.jpg

i think i kinda like the GT bumper better anyways....not into the whole fobra thing either lol everytime the car is out i got people wanting to race me that i have no business racing...the gt bumper with the mach lip looks a little more aggressive to me...thoughts?