2010 Pontiac GTO

Big Steve

So I was doing some digging and it seems that they are looking to bring the GTO back in more than one form. The Judge 427 may be included along with a V6 model. They are using the same motor found in the G8 GT so there may be 3 versions.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269/traumaxital/2009GTO.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269/traumaxital/gtogto427finalet8.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the first time they brought it back was a failure, why try again? That thing is hideous and is sure to under perform just like the last ones.

Define "under perform"? The first time was not a failure - not the blockbuster they had hoped it would be but they did not lose money on the project. It did not do as well as they hoped due to the styling not the performance.

Ugly,but there are a lot of ugly cars out there right now.The new STI and EVO are the first two that come to mind.Why don't they just replicate a 1970 and make it a lot heavier like the Challenger.

Introducing the new Pontiac EVO XI.

GFT

I sometimes wonder if there is anyone left at GM that has ever had an original though in there head.

If the GM exec's made movies we would be watching Gone With the Wind Part XXIIXIIXIXXXXI

GFT

I sometimes wonder if there is anyone left at GM that has ever had an original though in there head.

If the GM exec's made movies we would be watching Gone With the Wind Part XXIIXIIXIXXXXI

You mean Gm cant solve all there problems by going to Holden for ideas?

If gm didnt own so many different brand names they probally would have went bankrupt already.

I bet they will call the G8 2 door coupe the GTO from the looks of the car that's what it's looking like..

I could only dream they bring back the firebird.. The only Pontiac that didn't look like a Pontiac..

hell this whould not have been to bad to do

http://members.lycos.nl/iceride/Pontiac%20GTO%202008%20Concept/GTO-judge.jpg

Umm, no. sorry.. I sometimes drive around town in this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/2629075526_0460b9ce3e.jpg

But I wouldn't be caught dead in that abomination. Hopefully that guy didn't quit his day job to become a car designer.

i liked the original t/a design that was released with the camaro awhile back....should make a good gto with a few changes

http://www.millstonegraphics.com/transam/transamconceptWHITE.jpg

The T/A looks much better than the G8 Coupe ("GTO"). My friend lives down the street from the Intense Team's head honcho. They've got a G8 that is workeddd out. I believe it's TT.... Just found that to be a relate-able thread jack. lol

Define "under perform"? The first time was not a failure - not the blockbuster they had hoped it would be but they did not lose money on the project. It did not do as well as they hoped due to the styling not the performance.

Well lets see there is what only 1 I believe in Ohio that is in the 10s and that is TT and the guy is from Zanesville. Which is also the same guy that was getting owned on by hondas in Newark a couple years ago when he claims to have been stock besides cam and heads....yeah thats real stock lol.

My buddy had one when they first came out, granted he's a shitty driver but best he could muster was 14.1 a decent driver might have been able to hit mid 13s but for the money it cost him to buy that thing then he could've had an evo or STI and walked the GTO.

i think the gto hit its targeted demographic....it looked like a gtp on steriods, but it was a good performing car. the biggest problem with the gto was the weight imo. i suspect the challenger will sufer the same fate, but it makes up for it in styling.

evo/sti=gto apples=oranges

My buddy had one when they first came out, granted he's a shitty driver but best he could muster was 14.1 a decent driver might have been able to hit mid 13s but for the money it cost him to buy that thing then he could've had an evo or STI and walked the GTO.

Dude a Gto is not even close to the same category as a evo/sti. The gto was a classier car that still ran good and handled well yet you chould take your boss/girl out in it and not be embarassed.

I wouldnt be embarassed to take my gf or boss out in an evo or sti either. The way I look at the Gto and the Charger is this, if your going to put the name of a legend on your car you better 1. make it somewhat resemble the original which both cars failed to do and 2. perform like the original. Whats next a remake of the Chevelle or Road Runner?