2010 Pontiac GTO

Big Steve

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt be embarassed to take my gf or boss out in an evo or sti either. The way I look at the Gto and the Charger is this, if your going to put the name of a legend on your car you better 1. make it somewhat resemble the original which both cars failed to do and 2. perform like the original. Whats next a remake of the Chevelle or Road Runner?

A modern GTO will walk a classic GTO - not sure if that is what you meant by performing like the original (we won't even go into handling as that is not even in question.

As pointed out above the GTO was not a competitor of the Evo / WRX. The Mustang is a better comparison. Again the problem was with the styling not the performance. The GTO ran to 60 in under 5 seconds and was an easy 13 second car in stock form with 400+ horsepower. It got good gas mileagae to boot and had the most refined interior in GM's arsenal.

Have you ever driven a old car like that? they don't do much of any thing that well compared to a new one and they weren't a ton quicker ether

They were slower (another one of those situations where the legend is bigger than the facts):

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/classic/112_0310_pontiac/photo_11.html

I know there were probably packages that were quicker, better drivers, needed better tires, yada yada but the facts remain the newer ones are faster than the "legend".

the first time they brought it back was a failure, why try again? That thing is hideous and is sure to under perform just like the last ones.

Granted the 04-06 gto's are pigs they do perform. Hell my 04 ran a 13.5 spinning and hopping. There are plenty of 9 sec gtos. There is one on here running mid 11's all motor. They do not under perform one bit. Would have been even more better if they dropped 300lbs on them though. If you do not believe line up with one

I was thinking they where a high 13's and the new one was a low 14's but ether was the point is still there that alittlelessordinary unschooled in the older cars.

Oh and as the boss/ girl thing no in stock form they are ok (still a little boy racer) but not bad. BUT since none stay stock and one of the first thing is a loud exhaust and such then yes.

I wouldnt be embarassed to take my gf or boss out in an evo or sti either.

that's because you probably work at burger king, you clueless bukake receptacle.

the recent remake of the GTO is pretty much EXACTLY what the original was, and more. the original was a rather plain-looking sedan with an incredible drivetrain. the current version is also a rather plain looking design with an incredible drivetrain. the car has unbelievable manners when you want to drive it on long trips, or very conservatively. i averaged 25-26 MPG when i bought mine and drove it home from wisconsin. i bought mine with 10k miles on the clock for just over $21k (they can be had for nothing, considering what you get). the interior is very comfortable, and unlike any other pontiac or GM car that i've been in.

of course they're a bit heavy, but they respond to mods just as well as vettes do. you're probably just pissed that your buddy never let you drive his.

Lmfao im suprised you could spell such a big word such as bukake congrats! Im sorry I dont think the Holden looks very good. But hey to each their own. And oh yeah I did drive it and didnt like the way it drove.

And your right what would I know about older cars lmfao! Give me a fucking break what do you think I was born and raised around? Hell I drove a Grabber Maverick in high school. Granted it wasnt the fastest car in town but no one else knew what the fuck it was at school. Dad had a 70 challenger up until I was about 15 along with a 64.5 knotchback, but your right I wouldnt know anything about v8s cause i drive a honduh.

People on this board crack me the fuck up, bit shit talkers behind a keyboard like i've said numerous times. Anyone can be an asshole on the internet. Oh and btw could someone please show me a list of all the 9 second GTO's in ohio?

BTW my comment about how they could've atleast made them look similar still stands

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm110/grenggli/2008%20Pontiac%20show/100_1628.jpg

compared to this?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/britiandjaclyn/GTO.bmp

and if i remember correctly back in 04, how many retro type vehicles were being released. the pt cruiser and such vehicles were out and retro styled, but didn't have a big name like the gto. the whole retro movement started with the mustang imo, thus leading us to where we are at.

And your right what would I know about older cars lmfao! Give me a fucking break what do you think I was born and raised around? Hell I drove a Grabber Maverick in high school. Granted it wasnt the fastest car in town but no one else knew what the fuck it was at school. Dad had a 70 challenger up until I was about 15 along with a 64.5 knotchback, but your right I wouldnt know anything about v8s cause i drive a honduh.

i could care less what you were 'raised around'. just because people around you had muscle cars doesn't mean you have a clue about the history of a certain car. my dad had a '67 vette, a '69 vette, and currently owns a '72 stingray 454 vette with 6,000 miles--i guess that makes me an expert on vintage vettes, since i was practically raised around them. and the correct word is YOU'RE, not YOUR. example: You're (you are) a prick. verses Your piece of shit honda.

Anyone can be an asshole on the internet.

this is true, i was a bit harsh about the whole bukake comment--i apologize. i just love it when someone critiques the hell out of a car, and they drive a piece of shit. tell me you wouldn't trade your honda straight up for the car linked at the beginning of this thread.

this is true, i was a bit harsh about the whole bukake comment--i apologize. i just love it when someone critiques the hell out of a car, and they drive a piece of shit. tell me you wouldn't trade your honda straight up for the car linked at the beginning of this thread.

Honestly no I wouldnt. I dont like how that car looks one bit, im not a fan of the GTO. I'll take my chances against some GTO's against my simple Honduh in a couple weeks. V8 owners crack me up, you think power only comes out of 8 cylinders. Power to weight owns you!

Honestly no I wouldnt.

so you'd keep a honda over that car?? you're offered a car that is easily worth twice what your car is worth, is most likely a good deal faster, and you're still not interested?? i'm guessing math was not your best subject in junior high.

Umm have you looked at gas prices? Im sure the GTO gets 29mpg, my car gets 40 right now lol. So math was one of my strong subjects, what was yours?

well i guess you should join one of those sites about hypermiling if you're so concerned about gas prices. first you're complaining about looks/styling, and now you're complaining about gas prices/MPG??

i don't care about gas prices--i wouldn't sell any of the 4 vehicles i own that have v8's in them, even if gas hit $7/gallon. and i was strong in pretty much every subject in high school, which is part of the reason i don't have to worry about gas prices.

back on topic. i think the car looks fine, but i need a sedan with 4 doors, and would have probably bought a G8 GXP if i hadn't found such a cherry of a GTO.

Honestly no I wouldnt. I dont like how that car looks one bit, im not a fan of the GTO. I'll take my chances against some GTO's against my simple Honduh in a couple weeks. V8 owners crack me up, you think power only comes out of 8 cylinders. Power to weight owns you!

I got money on that honda not outperforming the fastest V8 on this site EVER?

I got money on that honda not outperforming the fastest V8 on this site EVER?

wow did I claim it would be a world beater? Nope sure didnt but thanks for your non meaningful post! But I bet its faster then that 13 second supra you used to think was hot shit! Have a nice day :)

. BTW my comment about how they could've atleast made them look similar still stands

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm110/grenggli/2008%20Pontiac%20show/100_1628.jpg

compared to this?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/britiandjaclyn/GTO.bmp

compair a new GTO to a Grand Prix? you are one dumb son of a bitch haha.

Josh I feel sorry for you. You are clueless. Everybody on here are tough guys. For your info do not quote magazines. 05-06 GTO's fully stock are capable of going into the 12's pretty easily. You fail again. So it is ok if you go to the corner and cry like a little bitch that you are. You are starting to annoy me!

Guest 78novaman

Grand Prix, a HUGE 5000+ family near luxury car that probably ran ~18sec 1/4mi. You could mistake it for a GTO if you didn't notice the headlights stick out too far, the wheels are those weird 8 or 10 lug ones, and miss the body line molded in on the rear fender!

Here's a real original '64 GTO (except those cragar wheels)

http://www.pairadicecruisers.org/images/members/Schoening64GTO.jpg

As for the pic that better not be real as it is even worse than the last GTO. I was getting interested in them as they are 400 horse with IRS/6sp but I could not get past the body styling and most of them have ricerific gauge clusters and dyed pleather seats.

Someone tell me when the new Pontiac looks like this. That will be the day I sell my house, rent a flat and buy one.

http://www.ohgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/knight_rider.jpg